Default Quality Assurance Manager-Claims
The Default Quality Assurance Manager will provide leadership, direction and coordination of all quality assurance activities for the default functions specific to the Claims and Loss Analysis Department. The quality assurance of claims and loss analysis will be conducted in accordance with statutory compliance, regulatory compliance, and company guidelines. This position is responsible for supervising workflow process of claims prepared for filing and loss analysis reconciliation forms in accordance with established work rules, goals & objectives. Overseeing a team of Default Quality Assurance Specialists, the candidate will be expected to establish/maintain a culture of team collaboration, accountability, operational excellence, and unwavering commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
The Default Quality Assurance Manager-Claims reports to the SVP of Default Servicing and directly supervises a team of Default Quality Assurance Supervisors and Default Quality Assurance Specialists.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Understands and Manages identified quality assurance checkpoints to ensure Claims activity are processed in compliance with all state and federal laws while maintaining compliance with Investor, Insurer, Agency and company guidelines.
- Stays current with pending regulatory and state law changes that could impact Claims processes.
- Provides guidance to the Default Quality Assurance staff by establishing and/or enhancing procedures in compliance with all state, federal, Investor, Insurer, Agency, and Company guidelines.
- Develops and/or enhances, implements and manages accurate and timely functional reporting.
- Manages day-to-day internal and external relationships establishing and monitoring service delivery/productivity/quality standards.
- Supervises department staff, establishes and monitors performance measurements, defines training goals, competencies and ongoing education opportunities, and provides professional mentoring to associates to foster best practices, to improve productivity and to promote innovation in the workplace.
- Responsible for Key Performance Indicators as assigned to the area
- Responsible for ensuring that the department is adequately staffed, training is ongoing, associates are being career counseled, and succession planning is being addressed for critical roles.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders across the organization to drive quality improvement in Loan Servicing.
- Understands the organization's direction, structure, and requirements to translate into action plans.
- Provide recommendations to management on process improvement opportunities within the department and outside where applicable to minimize risk exposure.
- Prepares and presents updates to Senior Leaders and key stakeholders as needed.
- Follow departmental and business policies with strict adherence.
- Prioritize allocated work to ensure timely and accurate resolution to both external and internal partners.
- Perform related duties as assigned by manager.
- Minimum 2+ Years of Supervisory Experience Preferred
- Minimum 2+ Years Mortgage Servicing Experience Preferred
- Minimum 2+ Years Claims or Loss Analysis Experience Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- GSE, Government, and Claims Experience Preferred
- LPS Desktop Solution Experience Preferred
- Knowledge of basic computer software programs to include Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel, Internet and Microsoft Outlook.
- Leadership Skills – self-starting leader with proven ability to see the vision and drive frequent and continual organizational change and improvement to accomplish world-class service and superior quality; proven ability to formulate and execute strategic and tactical organizational and operational plans to improve operational performance and support corporate goals.
- Results Oriented – track record of delivering quantifiable results to the organization (i.e. analyze opportunities/risks, develop and execute related action plans and deliver results), highly organized and disciplined.
- Leadership Development Skills - proven ability to recruit, build/develop and lead teams comprised of a diverse group of scarce, skilled resources in a directly managed and/or matrix management environment.
- Operations Management Skills – proven ability to identify, collect and analyze operations performance data, market research data, and other related data to improve performance.
- Requires an extreme attention to detail and ability to adhere to strict guidelines and procedures.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary internal and external customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Excellent oral communication skills, including ability to effectively coach, motivate, and lead staff.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present.