Default Quality Assurance Specialist - Claims
The Default Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for all activities for the functions specific to quality assurance of claims and loss analysis in accordance with statutory compliance, regulatory compliance, and company guidelines. This position is responsible for managing quality assurance timelines and workflow processes on loans in the claim or loss analysis process accordance with established work rules, goals & objectives to improve timelines and performance. The candidate will be expected to establish/maintain a culture of team collaboration, accountability, operational excellence, and unwavering commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
The Default Quality Assurance Specialist reports to the Default Quality Assurance Supervisor. The Default Quality Assurance Specialist must develop strong working relationships with both internal business partners and outside counsel.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for servicing mortgage accounts to ensure that all claims are processed in compliance with all state and federal laws while maintaining compliance with Investor, Insurer, Agency and company guidelines. This includes the following:
- Completes a Quality Assurance review of all claims prior to filing
- Completes a Quality Assurance review of all financial figures needed for claims process
- Completes a Quality Assurance review of all claims post funds received by reconciling cash flow received and identifying variances.
- Reviews various checklists completed for the claims and loss analysis process
- Receives, reviews, and sights exceptions on all documents as it relates to the claims and loss analysis process
- Diligently follows up on all outstanding requests and telephone calls from internal and external partners
- Manages reports geared to drive workflow
- Manages exception reporting used as key controls for minimizing risk
- Notify management of all potential high risk matters that pose a risk to the company or investor
- Follow departmental and business policies with strict adherence
- Prioritize allocated work to ensure timely and accurate resolution to both external and internal partners
- Perform related duties as assigned by manager
- Minimum 2+ Years Mortgage Servicing Experience Preferred
- Minimum 2+ Years Claims or Loss Analysis Experience Preferred
- Minimum 2+ Years Quality Assurance Experience Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- GSE and Government Experience Preferred
- LPS Desktop Solution Experience Preferred
- Knowledge of basic computer software programs to include Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel, Internet and Microsoft Outlook.
- Requires an extreme attention to detail and ability to adhere to strict guidelines and procedures.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary internal and external customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Excellent oral communication skills, including ability to effectively coach, motivate, and lead staff.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present.