Loss Analysis Specialist
The Loss Analysis Specialist is responsible for monitoring and completing all activities related to the loss analysis review of all claims in accordance with statutory compliance, regulatory compliance, and company guidelines. This position is responsible for managing loss analysis timelines and workflow processes on files in which a claim must be filed. These files should be managed in accordance with established work rules, goals & objectives to improve timeline and performance. The candidate will be expected to establish/maintain a culture of team collaboration, accountability, operational excellence, and unwavering commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
The Loss Analysis Specialist reports to the AVP-Loss Analysis. The Loss Analysis Specialist must build strong working relationships with key internal business partners as well as outside counsel.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Service mortgage accounts to ensure the claim was processed in compliance with all state and federal laws, while maintaining compliance with Investor, Insurer, Agency, and Company guidelines.
- Ensure the claim was filed by the required milestone(s)
- Perform a loss analysis of the claim filing to reconcile cash flow, identify variances, and determine if a supplemental filing is needed.
- Manage loss analysis monitoring on assigned cases by advising and instructing various parties involved with the claims process such as attorneys, investors and insurers.
- Perform detailed analysis on all aspects of the assigned portfolio including performance, timelines, overall characteristics, and status to ensure compliance of the claim activities.
- Diligently follow up on all outstanding requests and telephone calls from internal and external partners
- Provide management detailed loss analysis, investor scenarios, and recommendations for resolution
- Manages reports geared to drive workflow
- Manages exception reporting used as key controls for minimizing risk
- Follow departmental and business policies with strict adherence
- Prioritize allocated work to ensure timely and accurate resolution to both external and internal partners
- Perform related duties as assigned by manager
- Incumbent will be responsible for meeting RoundPoint’s commitment to compliance
- Minimum 1+ Years Mortgage Servicing Experience Preferred
- Minimum 1+ Years Claims and/or Loss Analysis Experience Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- GSE and Government Experience Preferred
- CMAX Experience Preferred
- Knowledge of basic computer software programs to include Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel, Internet and Microsoft Outlook.
- Requires an extreme attention to detail and ability to adhere to strict guidelines and procedures.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary internal and external customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Excellent oral communication skills, including ability to effectively coach, motivate, and lead staff.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present.