VP – Investor Reporting
RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing Corporation services mortgage portfolios for a diverse group of clients under various GSE and non-GSE asset ownership structures. The Investor Reporting department plays a crucial role in facilitating these relationships by ensuring clients receive relevant reporting and cash flows relating to their portfolios. Additionally, Investor Reporting supports clients’ ability to access to secondary markets by fulfilling external reporting, remittances, and portfolio oversight requirements as required under various investors’ servicing requirements. The VP of Investor Reporting plans, organizes, directs, and controls all aspects of the Investor Reporting operations with goals to support large scale growth and best in class service while ensuring the highest degree of accuracy and timeliness. As the servicing portfolio continue to grow and diversify, the VP of Investor Reporting role has numerous opportunities to participate in large scale projects and technology implementations.
The VP – Investor reporting will report to the SVP of Cash and Investor Reporting. The incumbent must create working relations ships with direct reports within Investor Reporting and across the executive team. The VP of Investor reporting will partner with other servicing departments to fulfill various objectives and will ensure transparent delivery of servicing information to the Accounting/Finance teams.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Oversee investor reporting setup during new client onboarding process
- Manage portfolio transfers as mortgage assets are purchased or sold in either bulk or flow arrangements
- Ensure portfolio economics are settled with clients per the relevant terms of our servicing agreements
- Build GSE relationships by ensuring the highest quality scores on various Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, and Ginnie Mae scorecards
- Avoid financial risk by performing detailed account reconciliations within a timely manner while maintaining acceptable levels of outstanding items
- Deploy technology solutions to increase scale of operations
- Build, develop and lead a multi-level team of direct indirect reports that deliver superior service
- Ensure department is adequately staffed and processes are geared to support large-scale acquisitions of mortgage servicing rights
- Maintain department’s policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Ginnie Mae and private investor guidelines
- Routinely presents to servicing clients, ratings agencies and regulators
- Experience with the investor reporting functions in BKFS MSP
- Strong understanding of secondary markets, GSE requirements and loan accounting concepts
- At least 5 years of related Investor Reporting experience, preferably involving Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Ginnie Mae.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- 5+ years management experience
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and effectively manage people
- Proven track record changing and improving processes and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to effectively interface with external clients and internal business partners
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present.