Compliance Business Partner
The Compliance Business Partner is the independent compliance partner who is responsible for working with specific Business Units to ensure that the Business Units’ polices and processes appropriately address the regulatory risk relative to the Business Units’ business activities. As a Compliance team member, the Compliance Business Partner will be actively engaged in monitoring relevant regulatory changes, providing compliance advice, disseminating relevant compliance information, preparing gap assessments and overseeing remediation plans to ensure the Business Units are performing in accordance with RoundPoint’s Compliance Management System and regulatory requirements. The Compliance Business Partner will collaborate with Internal Audit, Quality Control, Consumer Ombudsman and other functional areas within Compliance to foster an open and honest risk management and compliance culture across the Business Units and ensure timely reporting and escalation of regulatory risk issues to the Assistant Vice President of Regulatory Control and RoundPoint’s executive management team.
The Compliance Business Partner reports to the Assistant Vice President of Regulatory Control. The position regularly interacts with key stakeholders and Business Unit leaders, as well as, RoundPoint’s senior leadership team.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Researching and analyzing compliance trends and industry benchmarking to prepare for and monitor upstream risks and issues
- Identifying relevant regulatory changes, completing gap assessments, preparing remediation plans, and overseeing the implementation of the remediation plans in collaboration with management of the affected Business Unit
- Driving corporate governance through functional and cross divisional compliance working groups to advance the culture of compliance throughout the Business Units
- Partnering with the Business Units to develop and review policies, procedures, standards, controls and tests that meet existing, new or changing regulatory requirements
- Performing meaningful analysis and reporting around Internal Audit, Quality Control, complaint and Compliance activities relative to the assigned Business Units to identify trends and issues within the Business Units and across the company
- Serving as designated Compliance resource and subject matter expert to the assigned Business Units
- Partnering and collaborating with Business Units’ management, Internal Audit, Quality Control, Consumer Ombudsman and other functional areas within Compliance to ensure timely identification, mitigation, resolution and reporting/escalation of existing, emerging and upstream regulatory risks and issues
- Participating in Business Units’ management, risk, new product, and project meetings and providing regulatory risk advice as well as ongoing information about new and changing regulatory developments
- Incumbent will be responsible for meeting RoundPoint’s commitment to compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in business- or law-related field or equivalent education or related training
- 7 - 10 years of industry experience required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including SharePoint
- Ability to work effectively with others at all levels across the organization and provide authoritative guidance to management and staff within the organization
- Strong working knowledge of the compliance risks associated with a servicing corporation
- Experience reading and interpreting regulations, laws, and statutes
- Strong research skills preferred
- Problem solving skills as well as flexibility and adaptability are of key importance
- Strong communication, collaboration, and technical compliance skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality of work product
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present.