AVP - Quality Control
The AVP – Quality Control is responsible for managing control tests of all areas of residential mortgage servicing and originations. This will include loan level file testing to determine compliance with policies and procedures and applicable laws and investor guidelines. The AVP – Quality Control will manage the creation of test scripts and independently evaluate servicing activities against those scripts. Results will be reported monthly to Senior Management and Board of Directors.
The AVP – Quality Control reports to the VP – Servicing Compliance. The position routinely interacts with the various business units within residential servicing, Retention, Internal Audit Department, and outside vendors.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Direct oversight of Quality Control teams supporting servicing and originations
- Lead development and implementation of Quality Control testing initiatives
- Work with servicing and retention businesses to define, enhance or implement testing objectives
- Disseminate testing results and trends to leadership on a monthly basis
- Build and maintain relationships with all internal and external customers
- Manages documentation and processes to ensure risks and control points are properly addressed in accordance with policies and procedures
- Works with other compliance and risk areas to identify specific areas for focus and targeted review
- Develops policies, procedures and programs to ensure compliance with existing regulations and best practices
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely fashion
- Incumbent will be responsible for meeting RoundPoint’s commitment to compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must have at least 7 - 10 years’ experience in residential mortgage servicing, originations, or financial services industry
- Must have at least 8 years’ management experience in a quality control or internal audit group
- Fully knowledgeable and capable of developing and executing on various complex compliance and control related activities
- Experience in constructing and evaluating tests of controls, analyzing issues and formatting effective corrective action plans
- Able to work collaboratively with others
- Articulate and effective communicator able to prepare and deliver detailed oral and written presentations to senior management and the board of directors and interact effectively with regulators and investors
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present.