The Opener is responsible for the initial input of data required to open mortgage loan applications as well as initiating the necessary steps to begin the application process.
Essential Job Functions:
- Confirm all information in loan file is accurate and compliant with policy.
- Request services and verifications of multiple vendors.
- Submit file to Operations, assign processor to the loan.
- Assist processor in getting conditions fulfilled.
- Order corrections, verifications, etc.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications.
- Prior experience in mortgage industry working with Encompass loan origination system is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and seek growth potential.
- Outstanding customer service orientation.
- Ability to maintain rapport with all facts of Operations and Sales staff.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects while meeting deadlines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or Technical School; 1+ years related experience and/or training.
This position does not require professional licensing, certification or registration.
Ability to read words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to comprehend and write simple instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Customer Service Relationships:
Requires normal courteous interaction and basic interpersonal skills and tact to communicate with others. Forwards non-routine inquiries or requests to appropriate individual and/or department.
Tasks are highly interrelated and simple. Work consists of fairly standard procedures and tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
RoundPoint’s Employee Value Proposition:
Grow. Make a difference. Have fun along the way.
Our mission is to serve our homeowners and all of their homeownership needs. We do this by embracing challenges, executing with excellence, and fostering a positive work culture that encourages personal and professional growth. We are on the fast track to becoming the premier marketplace for all things home, and the National Mortgage News and Best Companies Group just named us one of 2019's Best Mortgage Companies to Work For! Without a doubt, RoundPointers are what make this company a great place to work! That’s why we hire individuals who share our core values: Energy, Ethics, Execution, Everyone, and Earn it!
As a RoundPointer, we will empower you to innovate, provide meaningful solutions, set goals and crush them, play hard, and give back to the community! Our secret sauce is our mantra, All In. All Win. Together, we can achieve great things!
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present.