The Servicing Transfer Project Manager is responsible for managing Servicing Loan transfers from various Mortgage Banking Institutions. They will assist with the oversight of the daily operations of mortgage servicing transfers which must be completed in compliance with RESPA, Investor Guidelines, CFPB, and applicable laws. The Servicing Transfer Project Manager is also responsible for managing data transfers with new servicers when loans are service released. Additional responsibilities managing the ongoing relationship with vendors, investors, and key stakeholder throughout the servicing transfer process. This position requires a high level of coordination and communication with our sub servicers and key internal business partners.
The Servicing Transfer Project Manager reports to the Manager of Servicing Transfers. This role works closely with members of the Servicing Transfer, MSR Transaction, Client Management, Investor Reporting, and Compliance teams and other internal stakeholders to fulfill borrower and investor inquiries.
The Servicing Transfer Project Manager is responsible and accountable for, but not limited to, the following:
- Manage pre and post transfer activities between Sellers, Clients, RPMS, Document Custodians, and Sub Servicers
- Manage data transfers with new servicers when loans are service released
- Serve as SME / escalation point to Data Analysts assigned to each transfer to ensure they are working their tasks effectively and efficiently
- Manage day-to-day vendor/service provider relationships, including participating in significant operational discussions, oversight and monitoring service delivery/productivity/quality standards, setting priorities, analyzing costs, etc.
- Leads conference calls pre and post transfer with servicers; answers questions about transfer instructions and data needs, maintains Servicing Data Reports with all questions for prior servicers
- Manages transfer tasks closely to ensure all timelines are met and update task tracker accordingly
- Conducts Pre and Post transfer reconciliations
- Prepares and distributes executive summaries to internal partners on key attributes relative to Transfers
- Develop and/or enhance functional reporting
- Develops and/or enhances department processes, methodologies and process tools
- Provides guidance and recommendations to management on process improvement opportunities within the department and outside where applicable
- Partners with management to ensure all relevant documents (transfer agreements, project plans, etc.) are updated and current related to transfers and service releases
- Incumbent will be responsible for meeting RoundPoint’s commitment to compliance
- Two years of Mortgage Transfers experience
- Four years of experience working in a mortgage environment, preferably Loan Servicing
- Experience managing mid to large scale projects
- Experience working in and supervising departments within an innovative, rapidly growing small to mid-size company with a large focus on process improvement and efficiency through technology
- Bachelor’s degree in a business curriculum or, or relevant work experience
- PMP certification
- Leadership Skills – self-starting leader with proven ability to see the vision and drive frequent and continual organizational change and improvement to accomplish world-class service and superior quality; proven ability to formulate and execute strategic and tactical organizational and operational plans to improve operational performance and support corporate goals
- Results Oriented – track record of delivering quantifiable results to the organization (i.e. analyze opportunities/risks, develop and execute related action plans and deliver results), highly organized and disciplined
- Leadership Development Skills - proven ability to recruit, build/develop and lead teams comprised of a diverse group of scarce, skilled resources in a directly managed and/or matrix management environment
- Mortgage Servicing Management Skills – proven ability to identify, collect and analyze operations performance data, market research data, and other related data to improve performance
- Vendor Management Skills – proven ability to manage vendor/service provider relationships, including business case development, service delivery/productivity/quality standards development and ongoing monitoring, etc.
- Expertise at consensus and relationship building with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills
- Results Oriented – track record of delivering quantifiable results to the organization
- Highly motivated self-starter, organized and disciplined
RoundPoint’s Employee Value Proposition:
A team where quality is required, hard work is rewarded, and wins happen.
Our mission is to serve our homeowners and all of their homeownership needs. We do this by embracing challenges, executing with excellence, and fostering a positive work culture that encourages personal and professional growth. We are on the fast track to becoming the premier marketplace for all things home, and the National Mortgage News and Best Companies Group just named us one of 2019's Best Mortgage Companies to Work For! Without a doubt, RoundPointers are what make this company a great place to work! That’s why we hire individuals who share our core values: Energy, Ethics, Execution, Everyone, and Earn it!
As a RoundPointer, we will empower you to innovate, provide meaningful solutions, set goals and crush them, play hard, and give back to the community! Our secret sauce is our mantra, All In. All Win. Together, we can achieve great things!
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present.