This position will be responsible for processing a pipeline of Insurance Claims, while maintaining the quality and accuracy of the claims package, focusing on the customer (borrower, investor, payee and internal customer) experience with loans under service with RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing, ensuring that all properties with claimed damages are repaired properly in accordance with any agency and/or investor guidelines.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for reviewing a pipeline of Insurance Claims to ensure a positive borrower experience while ensuring compliance with any agency and/or investor guidelines
- Process Insurance Claim packages and disbursements in a thorough and timely manner
- Provide thorough and concise information regarding any agency or investor requirements for Insurance Claims
- Must be able to identify and propose exceptions when applicable and appropriate
- Capability to work in and adapt to a fast-paced environment with a fluctuating volume of work
- Research and resolve issues
- Prepare documents with thorough responses for audit/investor requests when needed
- Conduct QA on random sample of loans to ensure all claims are being processed correctly
- Prepare exception reports and resolve exception items
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of Insurance Claim data
- Identify trends affecting efficiency, quality, and accuracy of Insurance Claim processes and recommend action plans to improve future performance
- Identify potential issues or concerns and participate in a solution; including recommending and developing new policies and procedures
- Assist in the completion of special projects and seasonal projects
- Perform all duties in accordance with RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing policies and procedures, investor requirements, and all state and federal regulations
- Other duties will be assigned as needed by Escrow Supervisor
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage servicing documents and processes
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state regulations and investor requirements related to insurance claims
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office products
- Accounting and math skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of escrow disbursements
- Problem-solving skills; identify issues and concerns and participate in solutions
- Strong organizational skills, detail- and accuracy-oriented
- One or more years of mortgage servicing experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
RoundPoint’s Employee Value Proposition:
Grow. Make a difference. Have fun along the way.
Our mission is to serve our homeowners and all of their homeownership needs. We do this by embracing challenges, executing with excellence, and fostering a positive work culture that encourages personal and professional growth. We are on the fast track to becoming the premier marketplace for all things home, and the National Mortgage News and Best Companies Group just named us one of 2019's Best Mortgage Companies to Work For! Without a doubt, RoundPointers are what make this company a great place to work! That’s why we hire individuals who share our core values: Energy, Ethics, Execution, Everyone, and Earn it!
As a RoundPointer, we will empower you to innovate, provide meaningful solutions, set goals and crush them, play hard, and give back to the community! Our secret sauce is our mantra, All In. All Win. Together, we can achieve great things!
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present.