The Loss Mitigation Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for ensuring all Loss Mitigation pre-foreclosure loan workout submissions are conformable with Government agency, Insurer, and Investor Guidelines. The person in this position will manage a team of Portfolio Quality Specialists who, review and underwrite loan workouts according to applicable Government agency, Insurer, and Investor Guidelines. This person must have a keen attention for detail and experience in a fast-paced environment.
The Loss Mitigation Quality Assurance Supervisor reports to the VP of Loss Mitigation. The person in this position must develop strong working relationships with the loss mitigation management staff and co-workers.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure loss mitigation loan workout quality for the entire serviced portfolio
- Manage and lead a team of up to 8 or more Loss Mitigation Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Assist team with Underwriting and ensure each loan workout adheres to the applicable Government agency, Insurer, and Investor guidelines.
- Ensure that all guidelines are up to date with government agency and insurer guidelines.
- Conduct monthly, quarterly and yearly reviews and calibrations of managed team.
- Improve and Implement department processes and policy pertaining to portfolio quality.
- Review and validate supporting borrower financial documents and compute applicable financial information.
- Review title reports, original loan documents and valuation information.
- Review applicable net present value models for each loan workout file and ensure input quality.
- Ensure record maintenance quality of applicable loan workout files.
- Incumbent will be responsible for meeting RoundPoint’s commitment to compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in Leadership and management.
- 3 -5 years’ experience in underwriting loss mitigation or origination of mortgage loans
- Must have knowledge of PMI, FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, and USDA servicing guidelines
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations, including RESPA, TILA, ECOA, and HMDA requirements
- Knowledge of loan processing, underwriting and/or closing procedures
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to think outside the box
- Problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Fidelity/MSP/LPS experience preferred
- Strong sense of urgency and about solving problems, meeting challenging deadlines and achieving goals
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present.