RoundPoint is seeking a Product Owner that is responsible for defining and executing the vision and definition of assigned products to drive operational excellence. Working with internal and external stakeholders, this position will be responsible for identifying solutions to achieve line of business objectives while improving the overall end user and customer experience.
- Set the vision and definition of the product.
- Advocate on behalf of the customer for the development team and translate customer needs into technical details.
- Prioritize requests based on business value.
- Defines and conveys the vision to the team(s) in order to meet requirements to ensure a successful product based on business value.
- Drives the creation of and the integrity of the product backlog. Leads grooming of the product backlog and ensures the backlog is correctly prioritized based on business value.
- Responsible for ensuring the project and development team(s), are focused on the right priorities during the development process. Primary point of contact for questions from the team(s) and is empowered to make decisions.
- Accepts delivery of working product and socializes the delivery of business value and outcomes of the iteration to the stakeholders and clients. Working with key stakeholders and various lines of business to optimize system usage through:
- Monitor for product enhancements to further automate processes and support regulatory changes
- Drive efficiencies across system platforms
- Create and maintain system tools that improve the end user experience
- Maintain a document library of how the product works and interacts with other products and processes
- Monitor service delivery, productivity, and quality standards for key technology providers
- Analyzing costs as required to reduce operating expenses
- Evaluate the marketplace to continually source for new technologies
- Develop a continual understanding of the operation through:
- Analyzing users’ behaviors and make recommendations based on insights
- Routinely monitoring for changes in business and goals
- Monitor and analyze information to discover ways of enhancing use of the system
- Create process maps integrating system usage for selecting the best option
- Manage the relationship with key vendors including adding additional services and approving invoices
- Document system usage and business process reliance on various systems
- Manage deadlines and expectations with key stakeholders respective to defined goals
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business or related field; or equivalent experience
- Five years of experience in optimizing the use of systems within a growing company
- Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy and best practice.
- Expertise at consensus and relationship building with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent detailed written and verbal communication skills, including business requirements documentation skills.
- Proven ability to manage projects on time and on budget that require multiple layers of service providers, internal and external stakeholders
- Results Oriented – track record of delivering quantifiable results to the organization
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present