The Originations Compliance Manager serves as a subject matter expert on originations compliance matters both internally and externally. The position is responsible for working with business units and vendors to ensure a common understanding of the requirements of applicable laws, regulations, and investor guidelines, and advising the business units and compliance teams on implementing appropriate workflow and control process in the business units to help ensure compliance. The position works closely with RoundPoint’s lending business units to apply changes in laws and regulations and assess impacts to its policies and procedures. In addition, this position advises on RoundPoint’s Credit Policy and Credit Risk oversight programs.
- Identifying, understanding and communicating key origination compliance requirements including but not limited to TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosure rule, HMDA, Fair Lending, ECOA, and UDAAP.
- Working with business leaders to implement appropriate workflows and controls to help ensure compliance within RoundPoint’s origination functions.
- Oversee the efforts of more junior staff members on projects and other assignments.
- Researching and analyzing compliance trends and industry benchmarking to prepare for and monitor upstream risks and issues.
- Serving as subject matter expert on mortgage originations Federal and State rules and regulations, laws, and Agency and GSE guidelines.
- Developing, reviewing, and presenting training for Compliance department and other personnel to ensure they possess a sound understanding of relevant mortgage laws and requirements and their practical impact on business processes.
- Providing guidance and oversight on internal and external exam and oversight processes with respect to the originations functions of RoundPoint.
- Providing guidance to resolve loan level compliance issues.
- Evaluating compliance impact of new business initiatives or systems implementations, updates, and enhancements.
- Identifying compliance risks and overseeing the development of remediation plans to reduce company’s risk.
- Providing guidance and reviews responses related to repurchase requests.
- Recommending solutions and assessing the adequacy of proposed action plans to the Compliance Integration Department.
- Subject to complete other duties as assigned.
- Incumbent will be responsible for meeting RoundPoint’s commitment to compliance.
- Three to five years of mortgage originations compliance experience
- Clear understanding of origination regulations including but not limited to TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosure rule, HMDA, Fair Lending, ECOA, UDAAP, and state requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including SharePoint
- 2+ years’ experience with Ellie Mae’s Encompass or a similar mortgage originations platform
- 2+ years’ compliance testing experience
- Ability to work effectively with others at all levels across the organization and provide authoritative guidance to management and staff within the organization
- Strong working knowledge of the compliance risks associated with mortgage originations
- Experience reading and interpreting regulations, laws, and statutes
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a law-related field or equivalent education or related training; Advanced degree a plus, but not required
- Strong research skills preferred
- Problem solving skills as well as flexibility and adaptability are of key importance
- Strong communication, collaboration, and technical compliance skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality of work product
RoundPoint’s Employee Value Proposition:
Grow. Make a difference. Have fun along the way.
Our mission is to serve our homeowners and all of their homeownership needs. We do this by embracing challenges, executing with excellence, and fostering a positive work culture that encourages personal and professional growth. We are on the fast track to becoming the premier marketplace for all things home, and the National Mortgage News and Best Companies Group just named us one of 2019's Best Mortgage Companies to Work For! Without a doubt, RoundPointers are what make this company a great place to work! That’s why we hire individuals who share our core values: Energy, Ethics, Execution, Everyone, and Earn it!
As a RoundPointer, we will empower you to innovate, provide meaningful solutions, set goals and crush them, play hard, and give back to the community! Our secret sauce is our mantra, All In. All Win. Together, we can achieve great things!
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present.