The Closer is an experienced mortgage professional who can thrive in an exciting and fast-paced environment, who applies knowledge of best practices, and who promotes quality as well as a superior customer experience.
The Closer will work closely with and report directly to the Closing Manager. The incumbent will work within a team where they must build productive and cooperative relationships, both internally and externally.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage individual pipeline to safeguard service levels, production, quality and compliance within the Closing Department
- Reconcile/enter/update loan level information to prepare closing documents; confirm necessary loan file documents are present (title commitment, VOE, etc.)
- Verify the Closing Disclosure meets all required federal and/or program guidelines
- Ensure closings adhere to lock confirmation, loan approval and program guidelines
- Facilitate an accurate, timely mortgage loan closing; seek closing confirmation and submit loan for funding
- Review/clear alerts generated by the loan operating system and/or compliance tools
- Collaborate with closing agent and/or internal parties to resolve concerns arising at closing
- Respond to emails, phone calls and voicemails in a timely manner
- Identify and provide trend information to respective department manager(s) and provide suggestions for process improvement; provide input on procedures/processes
- Encourage team members; foster a positive and engaging work environment; inspire others
- Participate in training, learning and knowledge events
- Actively participate in testing of process, documents and system of record updates/enhancements
- Keep abreast of latest updates in company, regulatory and investor guidelines
- Minimum 2 years of current experience as a mortgage loan closer with multiple loan products and investors
- Experience with Encompass preferred
- In-depth knowledge of basic program guidelines (Conventional, FHA, VA, Jumbo) as well as processing/underwriting procedures and compliance requirements relative to the TRID Regulation
- Experience communicating with borrowers or third party vendors and acquiring their full cooperation
- Effective PC skills including intermediate/advanced Microsoft skills
- Excellent negotiation skills; strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral, verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are required to perform tasks in a highly efficient manner
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with management, peers and third party service providers
- Must be a proactive self-starter who thrives in fast-paced environments
- Must be dependable and flexible with work schedule (including overtime when needed) and be able to multi-task/change focus on a moment’s notice in a business environment with multiple priorities
- Ability to work well under pressure & meet deadlines
- Ability to work cohesively and efficiently in a team environment
RoundPoint’s Employee Value Proposition: Grow, make a difference, and have fun along the way!
Our mission is to serve our homeowners and all of their homeownership needs. We do this by embracing challenges, executing with excellence, and fostering a positive work culture that encourages personal and professional growth. We are on the fast track to becoming the premier marketplace for all things home, and the National Mortgage News and Best Companies Group just named us one of 2019's Best Mortgage Companies to Work For! Without a doubt, RoundPointers are what make this company a great place to work! That’s why we hire individuals who share our core values: Energy, Ethics, Execution, Everyone, and Earn it!
As a RoundPointer, we will empower you to innovate, provide meaningful solutions, set goals and crush them, play hard, and give back to the community! Our secret sauce is our mantra, All In. All Win. Together, we can achieve great things!
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate and no extreme conditions are present.