Loss Mitigation QA Specialist III
The Loss Mitigation Quality Assurance Specialist III is responsible for ensuring the loan workout decision is accurate, applicable and conforms with company policy and investor/agency guidelines. The person in this position will review and underwrite loan workouts according to applicable company Policy/procedures, investor and Government Agency guidelines. This person must have a keen attention for detail and experience in a fast-paced environment.
The Loss Mitigation Quality Assurance Specialist III reports to the Loss Mitigation Quality Supervisor. The person in this position must develop strong working relationships with the loss mitigation management staff and co-workers.
- Ensure loss mitigation loan workout decision are accurate, applicable and conforms with company policy and investor/agency guidelines
- Manage a pipeline of 15-30 loans.
- Underwrite and ensure each loan workout adheres to the applicable company policy, procedure and agency guidelines
- Review and validate supporting borrower financial documents and compute applicable financial information
- Review title reports, original loan documents and valuation information
- Review applicable net present value models for each loan workout file and ensure input quality
- Ensure record maintenance quality of applicable loan workout files
- Incumbent will be responsible for meeting RoundPoint’s commitment to compliance
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 -5 years’ experience in underwriting loss mitigation or origination of mortgage loans
- Must have knowledge of PMI, FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, and USDA guidelines
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations, including RESPA, TILA, ECOA, and HMDA requirements
- Knowledge of loan processing, underwriting and/or closing procedures
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to think outside the box
- Problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong sense of urgency and about solving problems, meeting challenging deadlines and achieving goals
- Fidelity/MSP/LPS experience preferred
RoundPoint’s Employee Value Proposition:
A team where quality is required, hard work is rewarded, and wins happen.
Our mission is to serve our homeowners and all of their homeownership needs. We do this by embracing challenges, executing with excellence, and fostering a positive work culture that encourages personal and professional growth. We are on the fast track to becoming the premier marketplace for all things home, and the National Mortgage News and Best Companies Group just named us one of 2019's Best Mortgage Companies to Work For! Without a doubt, RoundPointers are what make this company a great place to work! That’s why we hire individuals who share our core values: Energy, Ethics, Execution, Everyone, and Earn it!
As a RoundPointer, we will empower you to innovate, provide meaningful solutions, set goals and crush them, play hard, and give back to the community! Our secret sauce is our mantra, All In. All Win. Together, we can achieve great things!
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present.