The Loss Mitigation Processor is responsible for completing the initial review, income calculation and workout structure for all loss mitigation applications received by RoundPoint. The Loss Mitigation Processor is responsible for ensuring initial quality of all applications reviewed and conformance with government agency, Insurer, and investor guidelines and rules. The Incumbent will review and analyze and customer financial documentation such as income/asset statements and mortgage documents such as title and property valuation reports. Attention to detail and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment are critical to succeeding in this role.
The Loss Mitigation Processor reports to a Loss Mitigation Processing Supervisor. The person in this position must develop strong working relationships with the loss mitigation management staff and co-workers.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure loss mitigation loan workout quality for assigned portfolio of loans
- Ensure each loss mitigation application review adheres to the applicable Government agency, Insurer, and Investor guidelines
- Review and analyze financial documents
- Review title reports, original loan documents and valuation information
- Review applicable net present value models for each loan workout file and ensure input quality
- Ensure record maintenance quality of applicable loan workout files
- Incumbent will be responsible for meeting RoundPoint’s commitment to compliance
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 -5 years experience in underwriting loss mitigation or origination of mortgage loans
- Must have knowledge of PMI, FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, and USDA servicing guidelines
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations, including RESPA, TILA, ECOA, and HMDA requirements
- Knowledge of loan processing, underwriting and/or closing procedures
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Fidelity/MSP/LPS experience preferred
- Strong problem solver, meets challenging deadlines and achieving goals
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present.