The Underwriter III is an experienced mortgage professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment without losing focus on quality of work and customer service to our internal clients.
The Underwriter III reports to the Underwriting Manager. The Underwriter also works closely with processors to determine if a potential client’s risk factors allow the company to insure him or her.
- Evaluate and verify loan application/applicant data to determine if the client has the capacity to repay the mortgage loan according to investor/agency guidelines
- Manage Approval and Condition Queue to maintain company published service standards
- Publish Underwriting Dispositions, clear conditions, analyze Change Requests
- Analyze risk as it relates to investment quality loans
- Maintain complete knowledge of underwriting guidelines
- Complete computer data entry as needed; i.e. Encompass, AUS systems, etc.
- Communicate with originator, per service standards; answer underwriting and product questions
- Complete Underwriting Certifications, as necessary
- Complete and deliver work product with highest degree of customer service and accuracy
- Minimum 1 year as an Underwriter II
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Excel and Word, experience with Encompass preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact and assist all levels of personnel
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- College Degree preferred, but not required
- Ability to work with cross-functional, multi-cultural teams
RoundPoint’s Employee Value Proposition:
A team where quality is required, hard work is rewarded, and wins happen.
Our mission is to serve our homeowners and all of their homeownership needs. We do this by embracing challenges, executing with excellence, and fostering a positive work culture that encourages personal and professional growth. We are on the fast track to becoming the premier marketplace for all things home, and the National Mortgage News and Best Companies Group just named us one of 2019's Best Mortgage Companies to Work For! Without a doubt, RoundPointers are what make this company a great place to work! That’s why we hire individuals who share our core values: Energy, Ethics, Execution, Everyone, and Earn it!
As a RoundPointer, we will empower you to innovate, provide meaningful solutions, set goals and crush them, play hard, and give back to the community! Our secret sauce is our mantra, All In. All Win. Together, we can achieve great things!