The Processing Supervisor is an experienced mortgage professional who can thrive in a fast-paced environment, has the ability to manage all facets of the day-to-day operation of the loan processing functional area all with a keen discipline for detail. The Processing Supervisor is responsible for overseeing a team of Loan Retention Processors and ensuring the best execution on every asset in the assigned investor’s portfolio.
The Processing Supervisor reports to the AVP – Loan Disclosure and Processing with an indirect but close connection with the Senior Vice President of Mortgage Operations. The Supervisor works closely with key business partners to build and maintain productive relationships with other operational leaders.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the team, distributing the workload evenly among staff and making sure motivation and performance levels are maintained
- Allocate daily jobs and workloads
- Act as a resource for other staff members
- Manage team performances and progress
- Mediate issues processors may have with underwriting
- Enforce all company approved policies and procedures
- Monitor the performance of junior staff
- Complete team –related paperwork
- Implement new initiatives and make sure all staff understand them
- Take action to correct staff shortcomings
- Manage and monitor staff attendance
- Provide prompt and accurate information on individual staff member performance
- Lead team meetings
- Report to Senior staff
- Monitor aged loan reports, resolve issues and get them removed from the pipeline
- Handle customer service issues
- Manage fees and monitor cures, make sure processors are re-disclosing when applicable
- Conduct quarterly performance reviews with direct reports
- Incumbent will be responsible for meeting RoundPoint’s commitment to compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related area or commensurate experience
- 1+ year of supervisory / team lead experience required
- Must have a very strong working knowledge of the mortgage banking industry methods and practices with 5 or more years mortgage experience including experience with recent regulatory changes
- The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust.
- Obtaining cooperation internally and or externally is an important part of the job.
- Ability to coach others to perform new tasks beyond their current responsibilities and encouraging others to build continuously on their skills will be key to success for this position
- Ability to work with cross-functional, multi-cultural teams
RoundPoint’s Employee Value Proposition:
Our mission is to serve our homeowners and all of their homeownership needs. We do this by embracing challenges, executing with excellence, and fostering a positive work culture that encourages personal and professional growth. We are on the fast track to becoming the premier marketplace for all things home, and the National Mortgage News and Best Companies Group just named us one of 2019's Best Mortgage Companies to Work For! Without a doubt, RoundPointers are what make this company a great place to work! That’s why we hire individuals who share our core values: Energy, Ethics, Execution, Everyone, and Earn it!
As a RoundPointer, we will empower you to innovate, provide meaningful solutions, set goals and crush them, play hard, and give back to the community! Our secret sauce is our mantra, All In. All Win. Together, we can achieve great things!
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present.