The Underwriter III is responsible for underwriting conventional, FHA and/or VA residential mortgage loans in accordance with investor guidelines and company policy.
The Underwriter III reports to the Underwriting Manager. The Underwriter III will work closely with loan processors in providing guidance on what documents a necessary to complete the loan review.
- Make credit decisions on conventional and government loans, clear conditions, review and complete change requests
- Underwrite loans to investor/agency guidelines
- Review and calculate income.
- Review appraisals to ensure investor / agency acceptability.
- Approve condominium projects.
- Maintain knowledge of underwriting guidelines and loan programs.
- Complete assigned loan reviews within required timeframe.
- Complete computer data entry as needed in Loan operating system.
- Complete Underwriting Certifications, as necessary
- Incumbent will be responsible for meeting RoundPoint’s commitment to quality.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- FHA and VA certifications
- Minimum of five years’ underwriting experience with at least three years’ recent experience underwriting FHA and VA loans.
- Strong interpretive reasoning and problem solving ability and excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and perform constantly changing multiple tasks in a very fast paced
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated and self-reliant.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the ability to learn and work with various Mortgage applications and software.
- Ability to relate and communicate in a professional manner with all levels of management as well as internal and external contacts.
- Ability to prioritize and perform in a fast paced environment.
- College degree preferred
- Experience with Encompass preferred.
RoundPoint’s Employee Value Proposition:
A team where quality is required, hard work is rewarded, and wins happen.
Our mission is to serve our homeowners and all of their homeownership needs. We do this by embracing challenges, executing with excellence, and fostering a positive work culture that encourages personal and professional growth. We are on the fast track to becoming the premier marketplace for all things home, and the National Mortgage News and Best Companies Group just named us one of 2019's Best Mortgage Companies to Work For! Without a doubt, RoundPointers are what make this company a great place to work! That’s why we hire individuals who share our core values: Energy, Ethics, Execution, Everyone, and Earn it!
As a RoundPointer, we will empower you to innovate, provide meaningful solutions, set goals and crush them, play hard, and give back to the community! Our secret sauce is our mantra, All In. All Win. Together, we can achieve great things!
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present