Cloud Security Engineer will implement security controls and threat protection, manage identity and access, and protect data, applications, and networks in cloud and hybrid environments as part of end-to-end infrastructure.
The Cloud Security Engineer reports to the VP – Information Security Operations and must develop working relationships within IT, Business leaders and employees and vendors.
- Drive cloud security engineering for our enterprise IT and Business IT teams in both IaaS/ PaaS and SaaS implementations.
- Be an active member of Design & Build IT projects, steering cloud configurations and services towards industry-leading security with your domain expertise.
- Actively assess existing cloud implementations, identifying security issues and prioritizing fixes.
- Engineer and implement new cloud security tools to feed our DevOps/SecOps processes to ensure the solvency of cloud compute resources.
- Provide daily, ongoing security oversight of SecOps operations, to include the security impact of proposed modifications, additions, and technology implementation/refresh operations.
- Understand system security vulnerabilities and associated threats, and assess the overall security risks to the system.
- Provide mitigation recommendations to reduce identified security risks.
- Work directly with internal IT staff and customer to establish and enforce IT security best practices, protection objectives, process improvements and effective IT security controls.
- Perform system vulnerability scanning using approved software tools and ability to automate.
- Thoroughly understand software installations, systems monitoring and troubleshooting, account management, and overall efforts to minimize system downtime.
- Understanding of DevOps ideologies and ability to drive and communicate change supporting DevOps/SecOps methodology within the organization.
- Serve as the interface to governance, compliance, and risk management teams to ensure the system consistently meets the requirements for certification and accreditation.
- Monitor and recommend improvements; Perform optimization and tuning, as well as ongoing capacity monitoring
- Develop security monitoring use cases and supporting content for security tools (e.g. dashboards, alerts, reports, rules.)
- Participate in designing and managing IT Security strategy including both infrastructure and applications.
- Assist with projects involving cloud, operating systems, applications, and database and security issues and requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology or other related discipline preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Security Engineer supporting software architecture development environments.
- Experience and understanding of cloud platforms (Azure, AWS).
- Familiar with DevOps and Agile methodology.
- Knowledge of cloud networking architecture, cloud operations, security, automation and orchestration.
- Possess clear understanding of security protocols and standards and have experience with software and security architectures.
- Experience managing identity and access
- Experience implementing platform protection
- Experience managing security operations
- Proven ability to secure data and applications
- CISSP and either CCSP or CCSK
- Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- MS Azure Security Engineer Associate
RoundPoint’s Employee Value Proposition:
A team where quality is required, hard work is rewarded, and wins happen.
Our mission is to serve our homeowners and all of their homeownership needs. We do this by embracing challenges, executing with excellence, and fostering a positive work culture that encourages personal and professional growth. We are on the fast track to becoming the premier marketplace for all things home, and the National Mortgage News and Best Companies Group just named us one of 2019's Best Mortgage Companies to Work For! Without a doubt, RoundPointers are what make this company a great place to work! That’s why we hire individuals who share our core values: Energy, Ethics, Execution, Everyone, and Earn it!
As a RoundPointer, we will empower you to innovate, provide meaningful solutions, set goals and crush them, play hard, and give back to the community! Our secret sauce is our mantra, All In. All Win. Together, we can achieve great things!
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present.