San Francisco, CA | Finance Team | Reports to the Accounting Manager
About the role:
The Inventory Accountant works to increase profitability by developing and providing financial analysis, which assists in the understanding of corporate revenue cost elements, measures performance, and fortifies accountability. This position is also responsible for running and maintaining the SAP inventory processes. Additionally, the Inventory Accountant will work closely with team members to develop ad-hoc reports to analyze business trends and take an active role in the company profit improvement initiatives.
We are looking for an individual who is both curious and has a strong analytical mindset. This position will report to the Accounting Manager. This person will be responsible for the end-to-end management of our Inventory from a financial perspective. They will have a strong partnership with Merchandise Planning on managing overall inventory including receipts, revenue, shortage, etc. They will develop, implement and maintain all the procedures and processes in regard to proper inventory valuation at quarter and year-end
What you’ll do:
- Analysis and management of Company finished goods and raw material inventory including: item-level analysis, inventory levels and turns, inventory aging, inventory counts and security
- Manage daily inventory cycle count, analysis and resolution of discrepancies
- Identify inventory discrepancies, research root causes and participate in efforts to implement demonstrated permanent corrective actions (i.e., no repeat variances)
- Understand components of standard costing and assist in standard cost model
- Enter supplier invoices related to inventory and reconcile on a monthly basis.
- Review and reconcile discrepancies between inventory received and vendor invoices
- Ongoing identification of shrink reduction opportunities.
- Develop a process to manage our Inventory Roll-forward which involves deep understanding of our buying process with receipts and sales
- Partner with the Merchandise Planning team to ensure that all inventory transactions are accurately recorded.
- Assist in month-end closing, prepare journal entries, analyze inventory evaluation, inventory roll forward and inventory rollback reconciliations.
- Assist with cycle count/physical inventories
- Develop and maintain internal control documentation
- Support reporting requirements including audit schedules, quarter end and year end month end closing tasks.
- Assist in special projects or requested cost analysis
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics, finance, accounting or business
- 3-5 years of inventory, cost, or related accounting experience
- Relevant experience in the manufacturing industry with exposure to components of cost accounting
- Ability to multitask and prioritize accordingly despite change in scale, scope, or deadline in fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability and the ability to remain calm and focused
- Knowledge of US. GAAP
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data; ability to solve complex problems independently and quickly
- Strong organizational and communication skills, detail oriented; excellent written, verbal communication and collaborative skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office; knowledge of Shopify and SAP ByDesign systems preferred with standard or average costing, bills of material, work in process, and inventory modules.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; highest integrity and respect for confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with all colleagues and partners
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 4 weeks of paid time off plus paid holidays
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter benefits
- A shoe allowance (like the allowance you got as a kid only better)!
- Life insurance (for you and your family)
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- And did we mention the great snacks!?
Who we are:
At Rothy’s, we take a whole brand approach to sustainability. That means we consider the impact and longevity of everything we do, from the materials in our products to the way we treat our people. To date, we’ve transformed over 50 million plastic water bottles into beautiful, comfortable, washable shoes—and that’s just the beginning. Join our team and see where we’re stepping next.