People Partner - Retail
San Francisco, CA l People Team l Reporting to the VP of People
About the Team:
Together, the members of our People team make up the most well-versed employee directory you could imagine. From the moment a candidate is interested in working with us until the day they celebrate their first anniversary—and well beyond—this team is working behind the scenes to ensure everything is sailing smoothly. From insurance questions to organizing group meditations, the People team are true Rothy’s champions.
About the Role:
We are looking for a dynamic People Partner to work in close partnership with our retail managers and employees across the country to drive People strategy and create a compelling employee experience to enable our retail teams to deliver a wonderful in-store experience for our customers. The ideal candidate will feel comfortable operating at both a strategic and hands-on level and possess strong emotional intelligence.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a trusted partner to leaders and managers to help them cultivate a best in class employment experience for our store employees.
- Collaborate with our People Operations team to execute operational tasks in support of our employee lifecycle including onboarding, compensation review, performance & development planning and others.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team at all levels including resource planning and headcount management.
- Design and deliver innovative programs including, performance management, diversity, recognition and other initiatives.
- Solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex, and design and quickly implement solutions.
- Provide insightful data to guide decision making and provide people solutions to make teams more effective.
- Identify and deploy impactful people policies and programs that enable the organization to perform effectively and scale efficiently as it grows.
- Work proactively with managers and leaders to evaluate and prepare for future business and team needs.
- Provide direct support & guidance to employees.
Who You Are:
- Caring, humble and curious; eager to be part of a values led organization that prioritizes doing things the right way, not the easy way.
- Emotionally intelligent and able to build strong relationships and trust (both in person and virtually) with leaders and employees of diverse backgrounds and all levels
- Motivated by challenges; You have a positive outlook, a bias for solutions and an energy for rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever needs to be done.
- Responsible and accountable with strong attention to detail and organization.
- An exceptional communicator in both written and verbal interactions; clear, concise, and courageous in giving tough but supportive feedback when needed.
- Data-driven decision maker & pragmatic problem solver who can find root causes of issues and gain leadership support to address them.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- 5+ years of experience in a generalist or People Partner role in a fast moving, dynamic company
- Strong competency within the HR function including employee relations, talent management, compliance, and change management.
- Experience working with hourly and distributed employee populations (i.e., retail, customer support, etc.) as well as corporate functions in a high growth environment.
- Strong analytical capabilities and an ability to influence managers/leaders with data-driven recommendations to improve performance, retention, and the employee experience.
- Ability to work independently and be proactive.
- Ability to travel
- Employer paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- 4 weeks of paid time off plus paid holidays and paid sick time
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter benefits
- A shoe allowance (like the allowance you got as a kid only better)!
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- And did we mention the great snacks!?
At Rothy’s, we take a whole brand approach to sustainability. That means we consider the impact and longevity of everything we do, from the materials in our products to the way we treat our people. To date, we’ve transformed over 40 million plastic water bottles into beautiful, comfortable, washable shoes—and that’s just the beginning. Join our team and see where we’re stepping next.
Please see our privacy notice here.