Email Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA | Growth Team | Reports to the Head of Retention
About the team:
Growth Marketing is an exciting, ever-evolving aspect of the business. This team is dedicated to growing our online presence through thoughtful digital strategies. They’re SEO ninjas who work closely with brand marketing. Their first love is data & analytics—tracking growth and engagement really gets their motors humming. Beyond that, as connoisseurs of digital media, they’re also incredibly aware of what’s happening online. This team is just as likely to show you a complex spreadsheet as they are a viral meme.
About the role:
The Email Marketing Manager is responsible for day to day management of the email marketing program, which is the most direct and cost effective channel that Rothy’s has to reach its growing customer base. This person will work closely with cross functional stakeholders (Marketing, Product, Merchandising, Operations, Customer Service) to support the overall email marketing strategy and drive the program execution while maintaining best in class email KPIs (Open Rate, Click Through Rate, Conversion Rate, Revenue per Email, Unsubscribes, etc). This person should be process oriented with a proven record of success in a fast paced, dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Building email templates in Retention Sciences and Iterable (ESP). Taking the creative assets from the Marketing team and building out marketing, triggered, and transactional emails.
- Creating customer segments, scheduling emails, and performing email chanell analysis.
- Responsible for delivering regular and consistent reporting on channel performance to internal stakeholders
- Designing onboarding and other triggered/lifecycle workflows. Work closely with Analytics to identify data trends that can be leveraged and activated through the email channel
- Developing a robust testing framework (subject lines, layout, template length, landing page, etc) with the goal of optimizing performance and educating the marketing/creative team.
- Optimize the AI/Cortex capabilities of Retention Sciences
- Monitoring and optimizing email deliverability, domain reputation, and unsubscribe rates. Developing strategies to mitigate against/prevent reputational damage.
- General support of existing/new retention channels (referral, push notifications, direct mail, Facebook, SMS, digital, etc.)
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- 3+ years of experience in digital marketing ideally within the ecommerce space.
- Subject matter expertise in email marketing. Familiarity with other retention/CRM channels (digital, sms, push, direct mail)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong Excel skills with an ability to manipulate and pivot data
- Expertise in Google Analytics
- Knowledge of HTML is a plus
- Ability to think end-to-end from both the customer and business perspective and position solutions with consideration for impact on all relevant business operations as a whole.
- Strong strategic and analytical thinker with exceptional execution and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong project management skills with proven track record of delivering high quality work under tight timelines.
- Demonstrate sound decision-making and judgment with ability to react quickly under pressure.
- Employer paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- 4 weeks of paid time off, paid sick time, plus paid holidays
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter benefits
- A shoe allowance (like the allowance you got as a kid only better)!
- And did we mention the great snacks!?
At Rothy’s, we take a whole brand approach to sustainability. That means we consider the impact and longevity of everything we do, from the materials in our products to the way we treat our people. To date, we’ve transformed over 30 million plastic water bottles into beautiful, comfortable, washable shoes—and that’s just the beginning. Join our team and see where we’re stepping next.