Consumer Insights Manager
San Francisco, CA | Growth Team | Reports to Director of User Experience
About the Team:
Growth Marketing is an exciting, ever-evolving aspect of the business. This team is dedicated to growing our online presence through thoughtful digital strategies. They’re SEO ninjas who work closely with brand marketing. Their first love is data & analytics—tracking growth and engagement really gets their motors humming. Beyond that, as connoisseurs of digital media, they’re also incredibly aware of what’s happening online. This team is just as likely to show you a complex spreadsheet as they are a viral meme.
About the Role:
Looking for an opportunity to support the decision making at a growing startup? Rothy’s is looking for a Consumer Insights Manager to join our Growth team. You will play an essential role by driving, reporting and analyzing detailed customer research and sales data in order to uncover trends and develop insights that drive merchandising and marketing. This role is a unique opportunity to lead the market research function at a rapidly growing company.
What You’ll Do:
- Bring customer insights at Rothy’s to life through data and exceptional storytelling.
- Work closely with various teams and leaders to define the most important research questions, design research methodologies, lead research, facilitate synthesis to get to compelling insights, and finally turn the insights into action.
- Measure user experience, awareness, satisfaction, NPS and other key metrics throughout the customer lifecycle to identify opportunity and risk for the business.
- Identify customer experience pain points by analyzing customer support and reviews data in order to improve the overall consumer experience.
- Conduct comprehensive market research (focus groups, consumer testing, pricing research, marketing messaging, etc.) to direct ongoing product and marketing efforts.
- Drive studies with topics ranging from consumer behavior, product usage, segmentation, lifestyle trends, competitive analysis, and larger industry trends.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Consumer Behavior, Psychology, Anthropology, Marketing Research or a related field. Graduate degree a plus.
- 3+ years experience in consumer insights, market research or account planning.
- Broad research experience across qualitative and quantitative methods (e.g. market segmentation, brand tracking, packaging research, concept testing, market sizing, pricing, NPS/customer satisfaction, syndicated data analysis, etc.).
- Desired foundation in quantitative statistics research (regression analysis, decision trees, clustering, etc.) and familiar with various other market research methodologies.
- Strong Excel skills, with proficiency in statistical tools.
- Experience designing surveys and analyzing results.
- Experience running, or helping run focus groups.
- Ability to distill research findings into clear, and compelling presentations, data visualizations, and/or infographics. Familiarity with design thinking is a plus.
- Great interpersonal skills to collaborate with a wide diversity of colleagues in other disciplines and cultures.
- Genuine passion for shoes or fashion and familiarity with the industry.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 4 weeks of paid time off plus paid holidays
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter benefits
- A shoe allowance (like the allowance you got as a kid only better)!
- Life insurance (for you and your family)
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- And did we mention the great snacks!?
At Rothy’s, we take a whole brand approach to sustainability. That means we consider the impact and longevity of everything we do, from the materials in our products to the way we treat our people. To date, we’ve transformed over 30 million plastic water bottles into beautiful, comfortable, washable shoes—and that’s just the beginning. Join our team and see where we’re stepping next.