Job title: Team Assistant
Reports to: Administration Team Manager
Core Hours: 09:00 – 18:00 or 08:00 - 17:00
‘Rothesay’ is a UK insurance company purpose built to protect pensions. We are the largest specialist pension insurer in the UK, managing over £62bn of assets and securing pensions for over 800,000 people. We secure pensions for over 170 pension schemes and insurers including British Airways, Post Office, ASDA, National Grid and Aegon.
At Rothesay, we are striving to transform our industry. We believe deeply in creating real security for the future and our leadership in finding new and better ways to do that is the key to our success. To do that, we need the very brightest original thinkers to bring creativity as well as rigour. Rothesay is a rewarding place to work, where quality people can thrive and prosper. We pride ourselves on the connections our people build, many of whom have been with us for over ten years.
Our Team Assistants have a significant importance in supporting our daily operations. The assistant is responsible for supporting key members of staff and their teams. Key to the role is the provision of excellent administrative services and support whilst working closely with other members of the Administration Team and enhancing communication throughout the Company. The role includes dealing with people, organising meetings, ensuring the smooth running of the office as far as is practicable and finding solutions to administration issues that arise. They will also act as back-up support to fellow Administration Assistants when required including the Executive Assistant who supports our most senior executives.
To primarily support the Operations team and the EA to the COO, DCOO & CIO. This support will also extend to support the EA to the Pricing and Business Development team.
The Operations team is our largest team within the company (75+) Pricing have 35 people and Business Development are at 8 people currently.
- To cover when both EA’s have annual leave or are sick.
- To be able to jump between both teams with flexibility and ease.
- Day to day diary management of the TPA Manager and the wider Ops Team.
- Rebranding documents.
- Event/social organization – from small lunches to Christmas parties for the team.
- Assist with the recruitment process for teams as required - eg scheduling interviews, welcoming guests
- Invoicing and arranging payments with accounts.
- TMD raising.
- Booking travel as required within Rothesay guidelines (itineraries, visas, best practices)
- Liaising with internal colleagues and external clients on a daily basis.
- Processing team member expenses within Rothesay guidelines
- Ad-hoc tasks (registering guests, presentations, events, IT matters, business cards etc)
- Printing and binding a large volume of documents.
- Organising meetings and logistics (room booking, meeting materials, visitors, reconfirming meetings etc)
- Be on hand for overflow work from both EA’s.
- Dedication to role – Motivated to provide an effective support service across all facets of role
- Team Player – Demonstrates evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates well with others and encourages other admin team members
- Communication – Ability to communicate what is relevant and important in a clear, constructive and concise manner
- Organised - Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload in a fast paced environment. Ability to work autonomously with limited supervision
- Creative and innovative – Looks for ways to improve current processes and help develop creative solutions that have practical value for the admin team
- Judgement and Problem Solving – Proactive, sees the big picture and willing to be flexible to solve issues as they arise
- Time Management
Rothesay actively promotes diversity and inclusivity. We know that our success depends on our people and that by nurturing a culture that values difference, we create a stronger, more dynamic business. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Disclaimer This position description is intended to describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. It is not intended to be a complete list of assigned duties, but to describe a position level. The role shall be performed within a professional office environment. Rothesay Life has health and safety polices that are available for all workers upon request. There are no specific health risks associated with the role.