Job title: Learning & Development (L&D) Advisor
Reports to: Head of HR
Due to continuing growth within the organisation, we are seeking to expand our Learning & Development (L&D) services by creating a new dedicated role in this area. We are looking for a hardworking L&D Advisor to join our in-house HR & Recruitment team of 8 people. As our L&D Advisor, you will support the delivery of the full spectrum of our L&D service for Rothesay ensuring that the company’s capability and development needs are delivered at the right time and in the most effective way. Our L&D services were very successful during the pandemic, switching overnight to virtual delivery and acting as a critical way of keeping people connected during mandatory isolation. Bringing employees back together in a post-pandemic world is important to us, whilst also building on the successes of virtual delivery.
Rothesay has a boutique and needs-driven approach to HR with an intellectually demanding population of just over 400 people, with a very small population in New York and Sydney, Australia. We sit within the business and we welcome constant contact from our employees and managers as we are passionate about our customer-service approach for employees. We are a team that enjoys what we do and require a hands-on flexible attitude from someone who is passionate about developing all of our employees, in response to business need, irrelevant of seniority.
This job will appeal to you if you are keen to establish your credentials in a new stand-alone role, building on the successful framework previous managed by our generalist HR Operations team. Reporting into the Head of HR, you’ll have autonomy over the next stage of L&D evolution at Rothesay, with appropriate coaching and support to deliver successful outcomes. Our role gives immediate access to working with all levels of Rothesay, from new graduates to senior Executives. This role will provide plenty of opportunity to build independent relationships to improve HR’s added value to the business and to help design and drive new L&D initiatives to continuously develop our service, in partnership with external development partners. We're a modern, progressive firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through.
Core Duties / Responsibilities
- Own, develop and embed our portfolio of learning solutions (in office / virtual / hybrid) for our employees, that currently include:
- business and technical training
- corporate and functional inductions for new hires
- manager development for managers (first-time and refresher courses)
- early career cohorts including our flagship graduate scheme (approx. 20 per year), and summer interns, and our annual work experience Insight week.
- coaching and mentoring across the business raising awareness of our 1:1 Coaching Clinics for all employees
- Through partnering with the business, analyse training needs to identify training gaps, and fill those through internal & external mechanisms.
- Deliver L&D in support of other HR specialisms such as employee engagement, health & wellbeing, diversity & inclusion, and performance management.
- Be the central coordinator for our professional qualification process, enhancing and embedding our current process to better support a small but growing population of employees who have secured support for their studies and leveraging SMEs in the business when appropriate (eg a curriculum change for actuarial students)
- Improve and manage feedback mechanisms in order to developing L&D metrics and analytics.
- Keep up to date with market trends and changes, including new suppliers.
- Collaborate as appropriate with other internal stakeholders who deliver L&D solutions such as Compliance for mandatory CBTs.
- No line management responsibilities.
- Work closely with HR colleagues, fostering a one-team approach to deliver a high-quality, professional and compliant service.
Skills and experience:
- Strong proven L&D experience and knowledge resulting in excellent delivery, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Experience in designing, delivering, and facilitating L&D programs across a range of learners, using a variety of methods.
- Advanced facilitation skills in the context of organisational learning programs.
- Experience of working with and managing external development partners to deliver agreed content.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, including highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to independently achieve work objectives, meet tight time frames and prioritise work to meet business requirements.
- Demonstrates an ability to influence, collaborate, build, and maintain effective working relationships with managers and colleagues.
- Strong work ethic, positive team attitude, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite.
- High accuracy of work and outstanding attention to detail.
- Ambition and resilience for an environment that is fast-paced and constantly changing.
- Able to create and deliver innovative and impactful employee development opportunities and experiences that will help our people achieve their full potential and deliver our strategy.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about learning and development, and want to create engaging employee learning experiences, built on feedback.
- Open-minded and an excellent team-player within a growing team.
- Creative, commercial and able to think laterally in identifying and developing opportunities. You will approach your work with a practical can-do mentality. In this role, you will need to have the ability to work with minimum supervision, in an autonomous and independent way.
- Consistently positive attitude and ‘can do’ approach, as well as the ability being able to work well on your own initiative and as part of a wider team.
- Solution oriented with a positive outlook.
- Able to drive results through well-developed diplomacy, listening and influencing skills.
- Evidence of ability to build strong internal relationships at the highest level in order to implement strategic change.
This position description is intended to describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. It is not intended to be a complete list of assigned duties, but to describe a position level. The role shall be performed within a professional office environment. Rothesay has health and safety polices that are available for all workers upon request. There are no specific health risks associated with the role.
Rothesay actively promotes diversity and inclusivity. We know that our success depends on our people and that by nurturing a culture that values difference, we create a stronger, more dynamic business. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.