Root is a fast-growing tech startup and we’re on a mission to build the future of insurance.
We are looking for a skilled individual to own Root’s platform data processing, analysis & reporting function. This role involves meticulously ensuring that data generated by the Root platform is correct and complete to guarantee accurate reporting to Root’s clients and other stakeholders. As part of the broader mission, you will continuously look for ways to improve this function, execute it more efficiently, introduce automation and delight Root’s clients.
This full-time role is based at our De Waterkant office in Cape Town, but is remote friendly.
What you'll do:
In this role, you will be the interface to all Root Platform data and will own these core responsibilities:
- Platform data exports:
- Ensuring that the data exports generated by the Root platform are on time, accurate, and complete.
- Log and escalate bugs that are identified in data exports.
- Implement basic risk-based rules, investigate and resolve suspicious activity flagged by the system, and communicate actively with stakeholders.
- Client Reporting:
- Ensure that our clients reports and bank reconciliations are delivered accurately and on time.
- Consider and implement client feedback and requests.
- Professionally manage client expectations.
- Operational Support:
- Support and fulfil internal teams’ data requirements.
- Identify daily billing operations and resolve billing anomalies.
We're looking for someone with:
- 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience (post University).
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics or Mathematics.
- A data or risk analysis background.
- Intermediate technical experience with SQL and Excel.
- Experience building reports and dashboards for data presentation.
- Experience with data processing and analysis.
- Highly detail-oriented and meticulous with numbers.
- Comfortable working with large datasets.
- Accounting proficiency.
- Unreasonably punctual.
Bonus points/nice to have:
- An interest in the insurance industry.
- Self-starter who is passionate about working for a fast-paced start-up.
The Root Team and how we enable success:
Our team is made up of smart, passionate, and kind individuals working together to build a world-class company. We take the time to develop personal relationships with each other. Over and above daily team lunches, we do frequent team outings and ad-hoc adventures (when global pandemics permit).
We create and enable an environment for people to do their best work. To support this, we focus on a culture of autonomy, transparency and trust. As a startup, we care a lot about innovation and believe in an iterative way of working to drive innovation forward. We encourage each other and foster a working culture of sharing early versions of your work and getting quick feedback.
Why join us?
We have ambitious goals. Our mission is to power innovators in insurance, globally, and we’re well on our way there. You’ll join at a very exciting part of the journey, and your contribution over the next few years will directly and visibly impact Root’s global success.
Our team is incredibly friendly and collaborative. If you care about solving challenging problems with people you enjoy being around, this is the place for you.
Root has an inclusive culture. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply and introduce their skill set to us. Open positions at Root are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.