Root is a fast-growing tech startup and we’re on a mission to build the future of insurance.
Our Business Development team is looking for an experienced individual who will ensure our customers have an excellent Root experience and become Root evangelists. You'll be the primary point of contact for the customers that have been assigned to you.
To succeed, you must develop a deep understanding of the Root product and the industry we serve, how it's used by different users in our clients' organisations, the business processes of our partners, as well as any applicable laws and regulations.
What you'll do:
- Convert clients into evangelists of Root's product and brand, ultimately leading to contract renewal.
- Build and maintain strong, long-term relationships with our clients.
- Identify client needs and pain points and clearly communicate them to the Root team.
- Understand, prioritise and solve client operational queries (collaborating with customer support team).
- Share meticulous notes from meetings and calls with the Root team.
- Keep team members updated about client engagement and health metrics.
- Track yourself against account management metrics and relative performance indicators.
- Build long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships throughout the client organisation.
We are looking for someone with:
Core requirements to perform responsibilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years work experience (Law or Audit advantageous)
- Maintain flexibility in tasks, time management and prioritising urgencies and requests from clients.
- Build and strengthen rapport and trust among various client stakeholders.
- Ability to execute quickly and accurately
- Communicate effectively in person and electronically with any audience.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely without resorting to (unnecessary) jargon (written and verbal).
- Eager to dynamically problem-solve.
- An inclination toward success by consistently improving and learning.
- Friendly, transparent and well articulated.
- A passion for technology
The Root Team and how we enable success:
Our team is made up of smart, passionate, and kind individuals working together to build a world-class company. We take the time to develop personal relationships with each other. Over and above daily team lunches, we do frequent team outings and ad-hoc adventures (when global pandemics permit).
We create and enable an environment for people to do their best work. To support this, we focus on a culture of autonomy, transparency and trust. As a startup, we care a lot about innovation, and believe in an iterative way of working to drive innovation forward. We encourage each other and foster a working culture of sharing early versions of your work and getting quick feedback.
Why join us?
We have ambitious goals. Our mission is to power innovators in insurance, globally, and we’re well on our way there. You’ll join at a very exciting part of the journey, and your contribution over the next few years will directly and visibly impact Root’s global success.
Our team is incredibly friendly and collaborative. If you care about solving challenging problems with people you enjoy being around, this is the place for you.
Root has an inclusive culture. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply and introduce their skill set to us. Open positions at Root are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.