We’re a fast-growing tech startup building global infrastructure that powers the future of insurance. We’re looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager (Business Solutions Project Lead) to lead clients through the process of launching on the Root platform.
You'll be the mission controller, project manager and solution designer for implementation projects. Your goal is to ensure that clients have effective, accurate, error-free, swift product launches and supporting the client throughout the process.
This full-time role is based at our De Waterkant office in Cape Town, but will be full-remote friendly.
What you'll do:
Winning at this role means leading projects from inception to finalisation. Your core responsibilities will include:
- Planning all projects accurately, keeping them up to date, and communicating them frequently with all stakeholders.
- Identify, actively manage and communicate all project and implementation risks.
- Hold effective, value-adding, well-structured client meetings.
- Building and sustaining trust with clients by demonstrating our expertise, competence, and positioning as domain experts.
- Driving the cultivation of strong evangelists among Root's clients (strong trust and partnership).
- Ensuring a smooth and effective experience for clients when working on and launching a Root product.
- Effectively conceptualising solutions using the existing Root-rails.
- Thoroughly test implementations to ensure the clients have a seamless and error-free product set-up experience.
We are looking for someone with:
Core requirements to perform responsibilities:
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role.
- Solid experience and background analysing business requirements, researching solutions, and driving end-to-end project implementations.
- Experience collaborating with customers to capture, guide and define business requirements and translate business requirements into a working solution.
- Good understanding of basic data models (e.g. the purpose of primary keys).
- Good understanding of APIs and software integration.
- Able to manage personal time, output and energy well.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Able to clearly articulate complex problems and solutions to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- A working value of high confidence and low ego.
- Great interpersonal skills and can build trust and confidence with others.
Bonus points/nice to have:
- Insurance background
- Experience working in a startup
The Root Team and how we enable success:
Our team is made up of smart, passionate, and kind individuals working together to build a world-class company. We take the time to develop personal relationships with each other. Over and above daily team lunches, we do frequent team outings and ad-hoc adventures (when global pandemics permit).
We create and enable an environment for people to do their best work. To support this, we focus on a culture of autonomy, transparency and trust. As a startup, we care a lot about innovation, and believe in an iterative way of working to drive innovation forward. We encourage each other and foster a working culture of sharing early versions of your work and getting quick feedback.
Why join us?
We have ambitious goals. Our mission is to power innovators in insurance, globally, and we’re well on our way there. You’ll join at a very exciting part of the journey, and your contribution over the next few years will directly and visibly impact Root’s global success.
Our team is incredibly friendly and collaborative. If you care about solving challenging problems with people you enjoy being around, this is the place for you.
Root has an inclusive culture. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply and introduce their skill set to us. Open positions at Root are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.