Root is a fast-growing tech startup and we’re on a mission to build the future of insurance.
We are looking for an experienced individual to join our Business Development team and take ownership of running an effective customer success process with a portfolio of clients. As a Customer Success Manager, you will ensure Root achieves excellent client satisfaction across client stakeholders. Your mission is to build up a comprehensive understanding of our clients insurance business and helping them win by using Root.
This full-time role is based at our De Waterkant office in Cape Town, but will be fully-remote friendly.
Please note that this role requires frequent domestic travel
What you'll do:
In this role you will own these core responsibilities:
- Take full responsibility for the customer journey by successfully establishing and managing client relationships, milestones and health statuses.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction across client stakeholder groups.
- Build strong communication lines with all client stakeholders and establish a deep and evolving understanding of their business needs, strategy and pain points.
- Execute customer success plans for each client to ensure clients achieve success with Root.
- Provide value-adding guidance and advice to our insurance clients on how to use Root and achieve success.
- Pre-empt client issues/pains and solve them before they arise.
- Provide detailed, useful feedback and reports to internal stakeholders on client data (experience, health statuses and risk metrics).
- Action and manage the delivery process.
- Effectively and seamlessly manage the client handover process.
- Work with the support team to track and analyse customer pain points, health statuses and experiences.
- Actively contribute to improving the customer experience.
We're looking for someone with:
- A university BSc, Bcom, BEng or relevant university degree.
- 3+ years of experience in a client facing and operational role.
- High technical aptitude and interest in learning new technologies.
- Detail orientated, out-of-the-box thinker who is willing to do groundwork to get things done.
- Patient and active listener with a passion for service.
- Analytical ability to understand complex product, pricing and cost considerations.
- Strong business acumen with an ability to juggle competing demands and priorities.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical requirements.
- A strong orientation toward teamwork with a strong ability to develop authentic relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to help develop and execute long term strategies with complex enterprise clients.
Bonus points/nice to have:
- Insurance background
- Some coding experience, e.g SQL, python etc - highly beneficial
The Root Team and how we enable success:
Our team is made up of smart, passionate, and kind individuals working together to build a world-class company. We take the time to develop personal relationships with each other. Over and above daily team lunches, we do frequent team outings and ad-hoc adventures (when global pandemics permit).
We create and enable an environment for people to do their best work. To support this, we focus on a culture of autonomy, transparency and trust. As a startup, we care a lot about innovation and believe in an iterative way of working to drive innovation forward. We encourage each other and foster a working culture of sharing early versions of your work and getting quick feedback.
Why join us?
We have ambitious goals. Our mission is to power innovators in insurance, globally, and we’re well on our way there. You’ll join at a very exciting part of the journey, and your contribution over the next few years will directly and visibly impact Root’s global success.
Our team is incredibly friendly and collaborative. If you care about solving challenging problems with people you enjoy being around, this is the place for you.
Root has an inclusive culture. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply and introduce their skill set to us. Open positions at Root are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.