We are looking for a Solutions Engineer to join Root’s Delivery team.
Root is a fast-growing tech startup and we’re on a mission to build the future of insurance.
We are looking for a skilled individual that is to lead our customers through the process of launching on the Root platform. Your goal is to ensure that Root's customers have effective, accurate and swift product launches through a process of rapid prototyping. You will be working closely with customers, speccing out their Root-based solutions, implementing it in our low-code environment and managing the entire onboarding process.
This full-time role is based at our De Waterkant office in Cape Town, but will be fully-remote during COVID-19
What you'll do:
In this role, you will be designing and implementing customer product solutions on Root and support them throughout the process. You will own these core responsibilities:
- Effectively conceptualise and solve solutions using the Root-rails.
- Set up product modules within the customer engagement process for quick customer integration. Ensure that customers experience a seamless and an error-free product set-up.
- Client onboarding and product launches are project-managed effectively.
- Document the processes on how to effectively launch new customers and products clearly.
- Ensure we build useful guides and materials to assist client onboarding and training.
- Customer issues and pain-points are presumptively identified and solved.
- Continuously innovate on our launching process.
- Document business and product insights from customers for internal awareness and knowledge share.
- Able to load products onto Root with low dependency on the broader Root team.
- Establish partnerships of confidence and competency with our customers.
- Maintain clear, quick communication and feedback with the customer throughout the process.
- Support the customer with the product to ensure an easy and effective experience with Root.
We are looking for someone with:
You will be designing and implementing their product solution on Root and support them throughout the process. Core requirements to perform responsibilities:
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years professional work experience - preferably as an Engineer, Business Analyst or Product Owner.
- Experience in the insurance industry
- Experience working with customers to capture and define requirements
- Able to collaborate with customers to capture, guide and define business requirements.
- Experience translating business requirements into a working solution.
- Able to rapidly prototype and test a solution to a problem.
- Able to clearly articulate complex problems and solutions to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Good understanding of basic data models (e.g. the purpose of primary keys).
- Good understanding of APIs and software integration (familiar with web-services/HTTP and SFTP).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to build trust in relationships with others.
Bonus points/nice to have:
- Knowledge/interest in the insurance industry.
- Project management experience
The Root Team and how we enable success:
Our team is made up of smart, passionate, and kind individuals working together to build a world-class company. We take the time to develop personal relationships with each other. Over and above daily team lunches, we do frequent team outings and ad-hoc adventures (when global pandemics permit).
We create and enable an environment for people to do their best work. To support this, we focus on a culture of autonomy, transparency and trust. As a startup, we care a lot about innovation, and believe in an iterative way of working to drive innovation forward. We encourage each other and foster a working culture of sharing early versions of your work and getting quick feedback.
Why join us?
We have ambitious goals. Our mission is to power innovators in insurance, globally, and we’re well on our way there. You’ll join at a very exciting part of the journey, and your contribution over the next few years will directly and visibly impact Root’s global success.
Our team is incredibly friendly and collaborative. If you care about solving challenging problems with people you enjoy being around, this is the place for you.
Root has an inclusive culture. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply and introduce their skill set to us. Open positions at Root are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.