Our Underwriters are responsible for the integrity of the data we use in pricing and customer service. To do this, they utilize several mediums, including queries that have been developed based on our underwriting guidelines, loss reviews sent by our claim adjusters, and through random audits of our current, active policy holders.
We're looking for an Underwriting Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of our current team and shape the future of it. Through an intimate understanding of our underwriting processes and guidelines, you'll identify areas of opportunity to continue to improve our operations, whether it's through automation of tedious workflows, development of new tools for data validation, or creation of new manuals and rules to structure our decision making. However, you won't only be focused on our operations and processes; you'll also be focused on our developing our underwriters, identifying developmental areas to take our underwriters to the next level, as well as new talent needs.
What you'll be doing.
- Oversee small team of underwriters in daily operations
- Oversee review of policies that are queried base on our underwriting guidelines
- Complete loss reviews as needed
- Navigate difficult situations that need further review or action on a later date
- Build underwriting documentation, manuals, and trainings
- Generate non-renewal and cancellation notices
What we're looking for.
- 5+ general insurance experience, with a minimum of 3 years in an underwriting role
- Extensive personal auto insurance knowledge. Renters and homeowners insurance experience is a plus.
- Previous experience managing small teams
- Impeccable verbal, written and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; adept in relationship building.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and align activities to meet goals in ever-changing environments and market conditions.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and time management qualities.