At Root, we’re doing things differently. We’ve reimagined the car insurance industry to make it smarter, more equitable, and a better experience for all. Using technology in smartphones, we’re able to measure driving behavior to give our customers the prices they deserve.
Consumer auto insurance is a competitive industry, and providing a world-class customer experience is essential to differentiate ourselves from the competition. This team lives at the heart of our promise to “unbreak” auto insurance and deliver that world-class experience. Our product analytics team works alongside product owners, designers, and engineers to ideate, analyze, test, and decide how to improve our product offerings at Root best. As a Lead Product Analyst you will heavily influence our roadmap and provide mentorship to junior analysts on the team.
Root is a “work where it works best” company. Meaning we will support you working in whatever location that works best for you across the US. We will continue to have our headquarters in Columbus and offices in other locations to give more flexibility and more choice about how we live and work.
What you'll achieve.
- Define and own metrics that capture the spirit of business objectives as closely as possible
- Research loosely defined problems and identify areas of opportunity for the team
- Partner with our product management team to define the product roadmap
- Ensure the team is conducting A/B tests in a thoughtful, deliberate manner
- Mentor junior analysts on best practices and how to decompose complex problems
- Foster an attitude of ownership mentality within the team
What we're looking for.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative field
- 5+ years of analytics or data science experience in a business environment
- In-depth knowledge of experimental design, A/B testing, and statistical techniques
- Ability to explain technical concepts to less technical audiences
- Relentless focus on customer experience and its impact on business outcomes
- Comfort in challenging the status quo and ability to influence key stakeholders
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment; prioritize and execute on projects the most critical projects
- Proficiency in SQL - able to write structured and efficient queries on large data sets