At Root, we’ve reimagined car insurance to make it smarter, more equitable, and a better experience for all. Using technology in smartphones, we’re able to measure driving behavior to give our customers the prices they deserve.
Are you inspired to work with a team that launches new products with a direct impact to one of the largest industries in the US? Are you excited to join a new team building innovative industry-first products and digital insurance experiences? Root's Product organization is seeking a Product Manager to join our Customer Experience (CX) team and help define, monitor, and lift the key customer interactions – both on-product and off – that help customers engage with Root, evaluate our products, take our mobile telematics based test-drive, and purchase insurance.
The ideal candidate has an experimentation and learning mindset, a strong analytical skillset, and well-honed product instincts to identify opportunities and deliver solutions that unlock customer value. You have a consistent track record of successfully taking end-to-end ownership and delivering results in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This role requires strong written and verbal communication skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to lead effectively across functions.
Root is a “work where it works best” company. Meaning we will support you working in whatever location that works best for you across the US. We will continue to have our headquarters in Columbus and offices in other locations to give more flexibility and more choice about how we live and work.
What you’ll achieve.
- Work across product, marketing, user experience design, analytics, and core engineering teams to drive customer adoption, education, and conversion
- Create product roadmaps composed of a mix of experimental changes that introduce improved functionality to existing funnels, and net-new features that help customers better understand and engage with our digital products
What we're looking for.
- BA/BS in a STEM (Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics) field or equivalent practical experience
- 2-3 years product management experience building consumer technology products
- Experience driving roadmap strategy and prioritization, and end-to-end cross-functional product delivery
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology strategy and tradeoff decisions related to a product
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to validate assumptions, recommendations, and decisions