At Root, we’ve reimagined car insurance to make it smarter, more equitable, and a better experience for all. Using technology in smartphones, we’re able to measure driving behavior to give our customers the prices they deserve.
The Pricing team uses data, technology, and rapid innovation to develop pricing strategies that maximize profitable growth. The team is responsible for turning raw data into compelling stories that generate actionable insights, so strong technical skills, communication, and business acumen are a must.
If you love fast paced environments and using data to solve problems, this may be the perfect opportunity for you. This role will report to the Pricing Analytics Manager.
Root is a “work where it works best” company. Meaning we will support you working in whatever location that works best for you across the US. We will continue to have our headquarters in Columbus and offices in other locations to give more flexibility and more choice about how we live and work.
What you'll achieve.
- Analyze pricing performance to synthesize actionable insights that will help define strategies to achieve profitable growth
- Communicate recommendations with data-driven support to senior leaders, both written and orally
- Conduct pre and post-deployment impact analysis to quantify the success of new strategies and pricing implementations
- Work with data scientists to build predictive models for retention, conversion, loss ratios, and bound premiums
- Mentor junior analysts to further develop soft skills and technical competencies
- Assist the analytics manager in auditing and reviewing work of junior analysts
- Assist in the interview process and onboarding of new analysts
What we're looking for.
- 3+ years of work experience in analytics (preferably pricing or insurance related)
- Proficiency with SQL and BI software (R and/or python experience preferred)
- Analytical mindset
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking
- Superior written and oral communication skills