We are looking for someone to help us build the state management group at Root. The right candidate will blend years of experience in the industry with curiosity to modernize the work of a state manager.
One of the things that sets Root apart is our operational speed and technology; we plan to build the state management function as a lean group that defaults to building technical solutions to the problems, they face rather than introducing clunky processes.
What you will do.
The role of State Product Management is to use input from folks in Legal, Pricing, Data Science, Product, and Finance to guide our insurance product and pricing strategy for each state in order to meet Root's P&L goals.
- Own the P&L in assigned states/regions
- Report P&L and general performance of state portfolio to internal stakeholders
- Engage with the Departments of Insurance within assigned portfolio as necessary
- Synthesize input from stakeholders to prioritize product and pricing changes across portfolio
- Establish subject matter expertise for all assigned states, including coverage, rule, and rate structure
- Coordinate with Data Science, Product, and Engineering teams to build/enhance technical solutions that make work more scalable and effective
- Leverage market research, industry trends, and competitive intelligence to drive product enhancements
- Advocate for customer-centric solutions
What you should have.
- 12+ years P&C insurance experience, with 6+ years in a State or Product Manager role
- Strong expertise in insurance economics
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in product entry strategies, product designs, and growing revenue
- Ability to adapt quickly to a start-up pace environment and culture