Who We Are
Roostify is a venture-backed fintech company committed to transforming traditional mortgage lending into a modern, enjoyable experience. Simple to implement and engineered to deliver a secure end-to-end process, Roostify’s transformational technology includes easily configurable workflows and a deeply integrated platform to foster an accelerated and personalized home buying journey.
Some of the largest banks in the world rely on Roostify to empower lenders to confidently guide customers and help them unlock life’s big moments.
Challenges You Will Solve
As a DevOps Engineer at Roostify, you’ll be working in a team responsible for design, configuration, optimization, and support of our product cloud infrastructure and services that we deploy to our customers. You strive to automate everything possible, and you’ll frequently ask yourself - what can I improve next?
What You’ll Do
- You’ll contribute improvements within Roostify’s product, and our core infrastructure with custom integration solutions, automation and scripts, including enhancements, interfaces, functions and features by assessing relevant needs with teams across Roostify
- Gather requirements, prototype, architect, plan, estimate, implement or update design and implementation of product build, release, deployment and configuration
- Build towards automated deployment processes using configuration management technology solutions
- Share deployment duties to clients’ TEST and PROD environments
- Share 24/7 on-call duties with the rest of the DevOps team
- Anticipate, identify, mitigate, and resolve issues relating to client facing systems or services and application operation in conjunction with relevant teams to include supporting Client Services by identifying, researching and resolving performance and production issues
- Assist in defining, creating and updating DevOps and quality guidelines, operation manuals, processes and standards
- Lead the technical evaluation and selection process for improving performance, monitoring, gap analysis, predicting trends for system performance, capacity, efficiency, and reliability and recommend enhancements in order to better meet client SLAs and standards
- Contribute to ongoing efforts to review current software stack and SDLC processes and tools, identifying opportunities to increase efficiency, implementing improvements to enable scale as we grow
- Able to quickly learn Roostify’s current and planned capabilities, the scope of a specific implementation, integration and customization efforts, and customer’s business objectives and success criteria
- Provide feedback to fellow team members kindly and constructively, and actively seek feedback for professional improvement and growth
- Strong ownership with a sense of urgency, and drive to launch services
What You’ll Bring
- 3+ years of relevant software development or DevOps/Operations experience in a SaaS or Software entity
- Hands-on experience with AWS services for SaaS products such as VPC, EC2, ECS/EKS, S3, ELB, RDS, SES, Route53, Cloud Watch, WAF, HSM/KMS, IAM, Code Commit, Secrets Manager, Cloud Trail, Global Accelerator, API Gateways and others
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools, Ansible and Terraform preferred.
- Scripting experience with Python, Ruby, or Bash
- Solid understanding of networking, network security, load balancers, TCP/IP
- Working knowledge of security standards and best practices
- Ability to define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems
- Previous experience in the management of a multi-tenant SaaS software products in a public or private cloud including AWS - design, implementation, product release, testing, support and project management
- Excellent understanding of technical architecture and design, theories, and best practices in a broad range of deployment, management, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS
- Ensure that standards and principles are adhered to and communicated to other stakeholders including customers, peer engineers, and senior leadership
Roostify HQ is located in San Francisco, CA, and we are open to remote work within the USA for this role.
Benefits & Perks
At Roostify we know that people do their best when they feel their best; we care about our people and want them to thrive. Here are some of the benefits we’re proud to offer our full-time team members:
- Competitive Salary & Equity Packages
- Health, Dental, and Vision Plans
- 401K with match
- Flexible Vacation Time
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Bonus Program
Roostify is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Roostify, we put people first. We strive to provide the best experiences to our employees and candidates. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes under all local, state, and federal laws and ordinances. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.