Roostify is transforming the mortgage industry with an innovative and integrated platform that’s streamlining the entire digital lending experience. We believe that home lending should be a fair, fast, and transparent experience. Our software is used by banks across the country to improve lending experiences every day. We are a team of innovative thinkers on a mission to reinvent the lending experiences so people can accelerate their future.
Our ideal Senior Product Designer would embody our values (Own it, Dream Big, People First, Inspire Trust, Act Decisively) with empathy and maturity. They would collaborate fluidly and without ego within our small, tight-knit design team, as well as with our other internal partners, such as product managers and development folk. They will be able to share their thinking with the greater company, with our partners, and in conversation with clients. They will own their projects, and see them through from concept through design through review of the build.
We’re hoping that you are naturally curious and find joy in finding things out, using techniques such as competitive analysis, user interviews, usability testing, ethnographic field research, even the occasional survey, to understand, share, synthesize, and then act decisively. We’re hoping that you employ goal-oriented design thinking to solve UX problems. We’re hoping you have created and led design exercises for the purpose of moving a project forward, such as a design sprint, a service blueprinting session, or a brainstorm session. Design is a highly social endeavor, so we’re hoping you can relate and empathize with colleagues, clients, and the people who use our products. We’re hoping you have experience working within complex industries, and the level of understanding needed to operate therein. We also hope you have a working familiarity with visual design and its impact on a given interface, although the creation therein will not be a huge part of your job.
Down to the brass tacks: We come from a variety of backgrounds and we don’t expect yours to fit a particular one. That said, we do need the skills to:
- Use design research techniques to develop empathy and understanding of the day-to-day experiences and overarching goals of our users
- Conceive of use cases and help define requirements
- Produce workflow diagrams, wireframes and high fidelity mockups, and the experience to know which one is needed at any given time
- Design for web and mobile with an understanding of their opportunities and limitations
- Create and demonstrate clickable prototypes (we use Figma)
- Use and contribute to a design system (also in Figma)
- Clearly communicate with colleagues and clients; leave a record of decision-making
- Possess a highly refined attention to detail
- Understand the basics of code to be able to communicate with our engineers so that they may build what we design, and we that we may design what they can build.
- Provide input on which projects we as a company should focus on, break them into smaller, more manageable stages, and help determine a design-development schedule to ensure both high quality design work and on-time delivery
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We are looking for:
- 5+ years as a product design professional or related role within a larger team
- Ability to provide and seek feedback from fellow designers, other Roostify team members, developers, and clients in all phases of a project, while not losing sight of the ultimate goals
- Experience working with product managers and technical leads to execute on design deliverables
- Ability to clearly articulate design concepts and thought processes
- Familiarity with the Product Life Cycle (PLC) and understanding of Design’s position within it
- Ability to contribute clear, concise and meaningful content to projects and documentation
- Familiarity with WCAG: its intents and design impacts
- Excitement to come to work every day (perhaps virtually) in a highly collaborative, creative and driven product team
- Experience working in the mortgage space, fintech or other highly regulated, complex industries
- Planning, conducting and synthesizing ethnographic field research and usability testing
- UX writing experience
- Experience creating current and future-state service blueprints and journey maps, and using them to drive projects
- Using data and analytics to make informed design decisions
- Fluency in Figma, Jira, Confluence, the Google Suite
If you’ve read this far—hey, this might just work out! Here’s what we’re looking to see in your application: A strong portfolio showcasing your past work, how you contributed, the role you’ve had in the teams you’ve worked in, and explanations about your design process and thinking. This is a req for an experienced practitioner, not a newbie.
BENEFITS & PERKS
At Roostify we know that people do their best when they feel their best; we care about our people and want them to thrive. Here are some of the benefits we’re proud to offer:
- Competitive Salary & Equity Packages
- Health, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Flexible Vacation Time
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Roostify is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Roostify we have a value of People First. We strive to provide the best experiences to our employees and candidates. We consider applicants without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes under all local, state, and federal laws and ordinances. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.