Who We Are
Roostify is transforming the mortgage industry with an innovative and integrated platform that’s streamlining the entire digital lending experience. We believe that consumer lending should be a fair, fast, and transparent experience. Our software is used by lenders across the country to improve lending experiences every day. We are a team of innovative thinkers on a mission to reinvent the lending experiences so people can accelerate their future.
Challenges You Will Solve
As a Senior Software Engineer you will have an opportunity to work on a set of exciting new features and solutions from ground up. The primary focus of this position will be design, development, deployment and support of components for Roostify’s Beyond platform.
What You’ll Do
- Be responsible for designing and scoping development tasks.
- Develop elements of the overall software solution.
- Interact with other members of the engineering and product management team to ensure compatible implementation of the solution with the existing platform.
- Demonstrate your work during the end of the sprint as well as other internal demonstration sessions.
- Ensure that your solution has the necessary technical documentation and assist with developing product documentation.
- Assume end-to-end responsibility, including deployment and oversight of the owned component in production.
- Influence the overall architecture and provide guidance to the junior team members by participating in code and architecture reviews.
- Handle escalations and effectively interact with customer support to resolve production issues.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
What You’ll Bring
- BS or MS (preferable) in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years' experience in software design and development
- 5+ years hands on programming experience with object oriented programming languages - such Java and/or Ruby on Rails
- Experience with front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, JS, etc.)
- 3+ years hands-on experience with database schema design and programming, Postgres/MySQL preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
- Design experience with secure, multi-tier, multi-tenant, highly scalable and highly available web applications
- Knowledge of web security fundamentals
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or other cloud platforms.
- Knowledge of OCR/NLP products, platforms and technologies.
- Knowledge of data architectures and technologies such as data warehouses such as Snowflake or Redshift and tag managers such as Segment
- Expertise with BI/Analytics tools and platforms such as Looker, Tableau, Google Analytics.
- Experience & knowledge in the mortgage/finance technologies
- Experience as a Technical/Team lead
- Enthusiasm for agile development
- Experience working in a fast global team environment
- You are a quick learner, flexible thinker, good communicator and listener, and know what it takes to write code that serves millions of users
Roostify HQ is located in San Francisco, CA, and we are open to remote work within the USA for this role.
Benefits & Perks
At Roostify we know that people do their best when they feel their best; we care about our people and want them to thrive. Here are some of the benefits we’re proud to offer our full-time team members:
- Competitive Salary & Equity Packages
- Health, Dental, and Vision Plans
- 401K with match
- Flexible Vacation Time
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Bonus Program
Roostify is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Roostify we have a value of People First. We strive to provide the best experiences to our employees and candidates. We consider applicants without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes under all local, state, and federal laws and ordinances. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.