Roostify is transforming the mortgage industry with an innovative and integrated platform that’s streamlining the entire digital lending experience. We believe that home lending should be a fair, fast, and transparent experience. Our software is used by banks across the country to improve lending experiences every day. We are a team of innovative thinkers on a mission to reinvent the lending experiences so people can accelerate their future.
The L4 team is part of Roostify’s Engineering organization and handles client escalations from our Client Support team which cannot be solved by L2/L3 Support. As a Technical Support Engineer in the L4 team, you will work closely with our Client Support, DevOps and QA teams to understand, replicate, fix, and deploy code to resolve issues, often in a short period of time.
You will work collaboratively to triage priority issues, dive deep into the code and server logs to understand the root cause, and provide clarity to stakeholders - both external client stakeholders as well internal stakeholders. In addition to high priority escalations, you will work on other client reported bugs and occasionally new product features, working closely with the product team on our roadmap.
- Manage high visibility, strategic support-escalated cases, ensuring total customer satisfaction by providing prompt and complete resolution to technical challenges and issues
- Taking ownership of each customer issue including troubleshooting, resolution and communication to a cross-functional team
- Help define feature requests and capture bugs, following up with clients on existing issues until you have a solution
- Learn how to navigate Roostify’s existing codebase in diverse environments and languages in Ruby on Rails and Java
- Writing server-side web application logic and ad hoc scripts in Ruby
- Maintenance and improvement of legacy web applications
- Liaise and work closely with Tier 2 and 3 support and engineering teams through escalations, product roadmap changes and new features
- Identify customer education gaps or challenges and develop and execute training to fill those gaps for our technical support teams
- Research and identify the root cause for particularly difficult tickets or tickets for code where support documentation is not available
- Create and publish solution knowledge for reuse by customers and Roostify employees
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- CS degree preferred or comparable and a minimum of 2+ years of professional experience, preferably in a SaaS company
- Practical understanding of system architecture design for service-oriented architectures
- Programming experience in an object-oriented language - Ruby (on Rails) and/or Java preferred
- Exposure to different parts of a product stack with a broad technical focus drives you
- You love to solve hard problems and use a creative approach and strong analytical skills when doing so
- Prior experience in a support engineering role is preferred
- Familiarity with case management tools, knowledgebase, defect and escalation management tools is a bonus (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience with integrating with other web services internally and externally
- Experienced with APIs and tools like Postman
- Experienced with tools like Splunk to analyze server logs to troubleshoot complex issues
- Experience with Git and Github
- Experience with full web stack including HTTP, CSS, REST
- Team player who leaves their ego at the door
- Ability to understand and explain complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Exceptional time-management skills and a proven track record of being able to work remotely with few issues
- You’re also a lifelong learner and love to teach others what you have learned!
BENEFITS & PERKS
At Roostify we know that people do their best when they feel their best; we care about our people and want them to thrive. Here are some of the benefits we’re proud to offer:
- Competitive Salary & Equity Packages
- Health, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Flexible Vacation Time
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Bonus Program
Roostify is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Roostify we have a value of People First. We strive to provide the best experiences to our employees and candidates. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes under all local, state, and federal laws and ordinances. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.