*Note: Remote candidates must be comfortable with working within PST/UTC-7 working hours.
Does cutting edge cloud technology get you out of bed in the morning? Do you eat, sleep, commit, repeat the SDLC? Do you like building SaaS applications that allow people to realize dreams? Then we’d like to talk to you. As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Roostify, you’ll be working in a team responsible for design, configuration, optimization, and support of our product’s cloud infrastructure and services that we deploy to our customers. You’ll be helping to grow our services to new customers, and you’ll also be part of a global DevOps operation team that manages our infrastructure. You’ll strive to automate everything possible, and you’ll frequently ask yourself - what can I improve next?
Roostify is transforming the mortgage industry with an innovative and integrated platform that’s streamlining the entire digital lending experience. We believe that home lending should be a fair, fast, and transparent experience. Our software is used by banks across the country to improve lending experiences every day. We are a team of innovative thinkers on a mission to reinvent the lending experiences so people can accelerate their future.
- You’ll contribute improvements within Roostify’s product, and our core infrastructure with custom integration solutions, automation and scripts, including enhancements, interfaces, functions and features by assessing relevant needs with teams across Roostify
- Gather requirements, prototype, architect, plan, estimate, implement or update design and implement build, release, deployment and optimize the product
- Assist in defining, creating and updating DevOps and quality guidelines, operation manuals, processes and standards
- Build towards automated deployment processes using configuration management technology solutions
- Anticipate, identify, mitigate, and resolve issues relating to client facing systems or services and application operation in conjunction with relevant teams to include supporting Client Services by identifying, researching and resolving performance and production issues
- Lead the technical evaluation and selection process for improving performance, monitoring, gap analysis, predicting trends for system performance, capacity, efficiency, and reliability and recommend enhancements in order to better meet client SLAs and standards
- Contribute to ongoing efforts to review current software stack and SDLC processes and tools, identifying opportunities to increase efficiency, implementing improvements to enable scale as we grow
- Able to quickly learn Roostify’s current and planned capabilities, the scope of a specific implementation, integration and customization efforts, and customer’s business objectives and success criteria
- Provide feedback to fellow team members kindly and constructively, and actively seek feedback for professional improvement and growth
- Strong ownership with a sense of urgency, and drive to launch services
- Share 24/7 on-call duties with the rest of the DevOps team
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in a startup setting with the ability to wear multiple hats
- 5+ years of relevant software development or DevOps/Operations experience in a SaaS or Software entity
- Previous experience in the management of a multi-tenant SaaS software products in a public or private cloud including Google Cloud - design, implementation, product release, testing, support and project management
- Excellent understanding of technical architecture and design, theories, and best practices in a broad range of deployment, management, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS
- Hands-on experience with AWS services (or equivalent cloud provider) for SaaS products such as VPC, CodeDeploy, EC2, ECS/EKS, S3, RDS, SES, Route53, CloudWatch, WAF, HSM/KMS, IAM, Code Commit, Secrets Manager, CloudTrail, API Gateways and others
- Experience with infrastructure as code (IAC) tools, Ansible and Terraform preferred.
- Scripting experience with Python, Ruby, Bash, or equivalent
- Solid understanding of networking, network security, load balancers, TCP/IP
- Working knowledge of security standards and best practices
- Ability to define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems
- Ensure that standards and principles are adhered to and communicated to other stakeholders including customers, peer engineers, and senior leadership
BENEFITS & PERKS
At Roostify we know that people do their best when they feel their best; we care about our people and want them to thrive. Here are some of the benefits we’re proud to offer:
- Competitive Salary & Equity Packages
- Health, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Flexible Vacation Time
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Roostify is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Roostify we have a value of People First. We strive to provide the best experiences to our employees and candidates. We consider applicants without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes under all local, state, and federal laws and ordinances. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.