Roostify is transforming the mortgage industry with an innovative and integrated platform that’s streamlining the entire digital lending experience. We believe that home lending should be a fair, fast, and transparent experience. Our software is used by banks across the country to improve lending experiences every day. We are a team of innovative thinkers on a mission to reinvent the lending experiences so people can accelerate their future.
We are looking for a Manager to help lead and grow the DevOps function at Roostify. You will bring your solid understanding of cloud/datacenter architecture and deployments to help guide our vision and strategy for production operations. You will use your knowledge and experience of the DevOps domain, including production support, CI/CD, and cloud service delivery to set our team’s values and establish the production service KPIs which drive our success. You are results oriented and you thrive in a results-driven culture that values initiative, leadership, and collaboration. You will need to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams including application engineering, customer support, implementation, and product teams.
- Manage the day-to-day work activities of the DevOps team
- Deliver highly-performant, highly-scalable, highly available and secure cloud services at an optimized cost point
- Establish the service delivery culture for our business, building best-in-class service engineering capabilities in the DevOps team
- Be the client-facing entity during tri-party calls, specifically when triaging DevOps related issues reported in the production environment
- Develop and maintain our platform services and tooling to provide event logging, monitoring and alerting, CI / CD, and other backend services.
- Experience supporting container-based orchestration and deployment systems such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos/Marathon
- Define (and maintain) our customer-facing SLAs, and ensure our infrastructure teams are working towards those SLAs
- Maintain a high level of service availability. Perform quality reviews, manage operations, and operational issues
- Work across the engineering teams to influence software development to meet our operational needs and influence product and engineering to improve the manageability, quality, and supportability of our production services
- Establish a culture of high performance, transparency and continuous improvement as it relates to the infrastructure services and streamlining of the development pipeline
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of managing a DevOps team (both onshore and offshore)
- Experience designing, building and managing/maintaining large scale infrastructure in AWS, including experience leveraging one or more coding languages for automation
- Solid understanding of AWS technologies including EC2, RDS, S3, ECS, VPC, etc.
- Prior startup experience; managing small to mid-sized teams (10-20 people)
- Experience with Agile development, techniques and methodologies and with CI/CD
- Solid understanding of networking, network routing, client-server architecture
- Working knowledge of several configuration management systems (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, Cloud Formation, etc.) and monitoring tools and frameworks (Splunk, ELK, Nagios, Zabbix, PagerDuty, Consul, etc.)
- Solid foundation in Linux / Unix
- Proven experience leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating product technology visions and innovative solutions, and fostering effective engineering practices and culture.
- BS in Computer Science/MIS or equivalent work-related experience
- Prior work in infrastructure with security/compliance component such as financial services and or enterprise-space is desired
- Prior experience with Heroku a plus
- You're a quick learner, have a calm demeanor and collaborative attitude, are curious, motivated, and self-driven
BENEFITS & PERKS
At Roostify we know that people do their best when they feel their best; we care about our people and want them to thrive. Here are some of the benefits we’re proud to offer:
- Competitive Salary & Equity Packages
- Health, Dental, and Vision Plans
- 401K with Employer Contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Flexible Vacation Time
- Daily Lunches and Snacks
- Professional Development Opportunities
Roostify is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Roostify we have a value of People First. We strive to provide the best experiences to our employees and candidates. We consider applicants without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes under all local, state, and federal laws and ordinances. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.