Join the team that’s inspiring a better way to work.
Let’s face it, the workplace has been failing businesses and its workforce for years with unnecessary distraction, lost productivity, and overall employee dissatisfaction. It’s time for a change. The modern office needs to be rethought and redesigned with people in mind.
Here at ROOM, we know people are the most important asset in any organization, so we put them first. We design from the perspective of our community, putting ourselves in our customers' shoes to create the space needed to bring their ideas to life. We’ve set out to launch a fast, cost-effective alternative to complex construction with modular, purpose-built architecture that allows teams to shape and then reshape their work environment with ease.
With offices around the world from New York to San Francisco, London to Berlin, Sydney and beyond, we’re seeking dynamic thinkers and doers to join us in making more room for everyone. ROOM is backed by top investors (Slow Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, and SJF Ventures) and is already building the workplace of tomorrow for over 4,500 customers ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies such as Nike, Google, Roche and Salesforce.
About the role:
ROOM's sales model is focused on bringing a B2C purchase experience to the B2B segment. We prioritize the customer experience and are looking for a salesperson to primarily support our inbound buying experience. This role will be the first full-time ROOM employee in Australia, and will be speaking with prospects across the spectrum: from companies with less than 200 employees to larger enterprises that are looking for solutions for their office. The ideal candidate is someone who loves sales, speaking with customers, and is excellent at multitasking in a high-volume environment. This individual will also answer inbound sales calls, engage prospects on our live chat and work collaboratively with our enterprise and channel sales teams.
What you’ll do:
- Respond to inbound customer sales inquiries
- Work prospects through their buying cycle and our sales process to close business
- Handle product questions and sales objections
- Answer incoming phone calls and inbound emails and chatbot messages related to sales.
- Conduct virtual and physical showroom tours showcasing our product design and brand vision.
- Stay consistently informed of our key differentiators and proactively keep a pulse on the competitive landscape.
- Become an expert on the ROOM portfolio and become a trusted advisor to clients and prospects on all aspects of the products.
- Manage pipeline and sales activity with an ability to accurately forecast following the MEDDICC approach.
- Support a variety of inbound and outbound sales initiatives
Who you are:
- You have sales experience (3-5 years) and a proven track record of successfully closing business and meeting/exceeding sales quotas
- You can multitask incredibly well and are prepared to function in a high-volume ever-changing environment
- You’re insanely curious - especially about new categories (like modular office solutions)
- You understand that the way to reach your goals goes through a high level of product knowledge and listening to your customers’ needs.
- You’re data driven and can pay attention to the details needed for data entry integrity
- Self-starter; committed to excellence: accuracy in work and attention to detail with minimal oversight
- You show a good understanding of issues relevant to our overall organization and business and keep that knowledge current.
- You are able to analyze the most complex situations (e.x. in discovery consulting, process mapping, process improvements) and identify company resources to support the account strategy.
- You possess Excellent presentation skills – client meetings, senior executive reviews, quarterly business reviews, etc
- You work well as part of a team, and enjoy helping out others when needed
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.