Let’s face it, the workplace has been failing businesses and its workforce for years with unnecessary distraction, lost productivity, and overall employee dissatisfaction. It’s time for a change. The modern office needs to be rethought and redesigned with people in mind.
Here at ROOM, we know people are the most important asset in any organization, so we put them first. We design from the perspective of our community, putting ourselves in our customers' shoes to create the space needed to bring their ideas to life. We’ve set out to launch a fast, cost-effective alternative to complex construction with modular, purpose-built architecture that allows teams to shape and then reshape their work environment with ease.With offices around the world from New York to San Francisco, London to Berlin, Sydney and beyond, we’re seeking dynamic thinkers and doers to join us in making more room for everyone. ROOM is backed by top investors (Slow Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, and SJF Ventures) and is already building the workplace of tomorrow for over 4,000 customers ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies, and has been recognized as a 2021 NYC x Design Awards Finalist by Interior Design Magazine, by Fast Company in its 2020 ‘Most Innovative’ Awards, and named one of the Best Inventions of 2018 by TIME Magazine.
We are committed to delivering an amazing experience at every step of the customer journey. We take great pride in our +70 NPS, 4.9-star product rating, and thousands of happy customers who have become repeat buyers. Still, there is a lot of work to do. The Customer Success Associate will play a critical role in providing great customer service, actively converting detractors to promoters, and driving all areas of the organization to prioritize our customers’ needs.
In this role, you will build a broad knowledge base spanning logistics, order management, business systems, quality assurance, and code compliance. The ideal candidate is someone who is customer-obsessed and hungry to learn. With this role as a starting point, there is a clear growth path to take on roles in Customer Success or Logistics.
What you'll do:
- Respond quickly and enthusiastically to customer inquiries across all channels (phone, online chat, email, social, and in-person)
- Coordinate contractors, third party fulfillment vendors, and facilities managers to ensure smooth deliveries and repairs
- Turn negative experiences into positive ones by quickly resolving product and delivery issues
- Reach out to customers to facilitate proactive order management
- Build product expertise and serve as a resource to customers and sellers for all things product-related
- Collect post-delivery feedback to understand the full customer journey and to identify areas for improvement
- Create our internal knowledge base and processes to streamline CX operations
- Assist on special projects and new partnerships as they come up
Who you are:
Above all else, you are passionate about making customers happy. You are super organized, resourceful in getting things done, analytical in how you set priorities, and won’t rest until a job is done. You are excited by the opportunity to learn new skills, and you are always looking for ways to improve. You work hard to earn the trust of your colleagues, and you are able to build strong relationships with partners and colleagues.
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Ability to build strong rapport with customers
- Interest in developing product expertise and being handy
- Hands-on problem solver
- Entrepreneurial spirit: You think creatively, and you are happy to get your hands dirty to get a job done. You're not the 9-5 type.
How we make room for you:
- Health & wellness: Flexible medical, vision, and dental insurance to take care of you and your family.
- Unlimited PTO: Flexible vacation policy to allow you to unplug and recharge whenever you need it.
- 401K: ROOM’s 401K savings program allows you to save for the future with pretax dollars
- Paid Parental Leave: Up to 12 weeks of 100% paid leave for all eligible employees
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax savings that make a difference in your budget and your morning commute.
- Team events: Socially distanced team outings, dinners, and happy hours that inspire new conversations and lead to meaningful relationships.
- Equity: Company stocks to honor your hard work and dedication.
How we make room for everyone:
Our belief is simple: What makes you different is what allows us to be different. We value diversity not only in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious background but also in the way you think and approach challenges. We’re committed to creating a work environment where you can be yourself and trust that your voice will be heard. Diversity isn’t something we preach but something we practice every day and taking care of our team is always our top priority.
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.