Join the team that’s inspiring a better way to work.
Let’s face it, the workplace has been failing businesses and its workforce for years with unnecessary distraction, lost productivity, and overall employee dissatisfaction. It’s time for a change. The modern office needs to be rethought and redesigned with people in mind.
Here at ROOM, we know people are the most important asset in any organization, so we put them first. We design from the perspective of our community, putting ourselves in our customers' shoes to create the space needed to bring their ideas to life. We’ve set out to launch a fast, cost-effective alternative to complex construction with modular, purpose-built architecture that allows teams to shape and then reshape their work environment with ease.
With offices around the world from New York to San Francisco, London to Berlin, Sydney and beyond, we’re seeking dynamic thinkers and doers to join us in making more room for everyone. ROOM is backed by top investors (Slow Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, and SJF Ventures) and is already building the workplace of tomorrow for over 4,500 customers ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies such as Nike, Google, Roche and Salesforce
About the role:
The Account Executive (AE) will join our Sales Team in Berlin. This individual will together with the team spearhead our expansion in a given region showcasing our market-leading products and live our mission to reimagine the modern workspace. This is a great opportunity for a passionate sales professional with an entrepreneurial spirit. The right individual is very collaborative but can also operate independently and can prioritize their own day without a lot of close oversight.
The AE is responsible for new business within the mid-market market business segment, including some of the most exciting start-ups in the country. AE’s will receive a territory of named accounts and leads and are expected to penetrate these leads to acquire new customers.
What you’ll do:
- Prospect, hunt for and land new business deals within a defined territory of accounts with help from Marketing and an SDR resource
- Build relationships and show a strong consultative selling approach to key stakeholders and decision-makers of mid-market companies, co-working environments, and real estate professionals
- Develop a strong understanding of key differentiators and the competitive landscape
- Work with prospects to quantify opportunities via a detailed needs analysis, and create solutions to deliver and ensure a smooth sales process
- Manage pipeline and sales activity with an ability to accurately forecast close rates
- Find creative solutions to challenging open office environments
- Conduct virtual and physical showroom tours showcasing our product design and brand vision
- Convey ROOM’s value proposition to acquire new customers
- Work closely with the General Manager Europe to execute an ambitious market penetration strategy
- Keep Salesforce clean and up to date to help us understand what is and isn’t working
Who you are:
- You speak fluent English and at least one of the following languages: Dutch, French or German
- You have sales experience (at least 4 years) and a proven track record of success in closing new business from outbound sales
- You are used to a high-paced sales environment where your passion for sales always shines through by treating your customers with respect and providing the best in class service
- You understand that the way to reach your goals goes through a high level of product knowledge and listening to your customers’ needs
- You can multitask incredibly well and are prepared to function in an environment where you will close around 10-20 new customers per month
- You’re naturally curious and passionate about the "workspace of tomorrow" and how companies will work and strive in the open office environment
- You’re data-driven and can pay attention to the details needed for data entry integrity
- You operate well in fast-moving environments without a lot of oversight
- + If you have experience within the real estate industry, flexible office providers or co-working environments
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.