Let’s face it, the workplace has been failing businesses and its workforce for years with unnecessary distraction, lost productivity, and overall employee dissatisfaction. It’s time for a change. The modern office needs to be rethought and redesigned with people in mind.
Here at ROOM, we know people are the most important asset in any organization, so we put them first. We design from the perspective of our community, putting ourselves in our customers' shoes to create the space needed to bring their ideas to life. We’ve set out to launch a fast, cost-effective alternative to complex construction with modular, purpose-built architecture that allows teams to shape and then reshape their work environment with ease.With offices around the world from New York to San Francisco, London to Berlin, Sydney and beyond, we’re seeking dynamic thinkers and doers to join us in making more room for everyone. ROOM is backed by top investors (Slow Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, and SJF Ventures) and is already building the workplace of tomorrow for over 4,000 customers ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies, and has been recognized as a 2021 NYC x Design Awards Finalist by Interior Design Magazine, by Fast Company in its 2020 ‘Most Innovative’ Awards, and named one of the Best Inventions of 2018 by TIME Magazine.
About the role:
ROOM is in a phase of rapid growth across all of its markets and functions, and the company is seeking its first dedicated hire for a Strategic Finance role. In this role, you will help build sophisticated financial analytics capabilities at ROOM and evaluate the financial impact of the company’s near and long term strategic initiatives. You will partner with department heads to provide analytical frameworks for optimizing decision making and identifying areas for growth and improvement.
ROOM has offices in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin, with plans to expand into additional markets soon. This role requires a truly global mindset and the flexibility to work across multiple jurisdictions and markets.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with building financial models for budgeting, forecasting and long range planning related to strategic initiatives including new product development, product pricing strategy, country expansion plan and other new growth opportunities
- Help drive annual budgeting and quarterly reforecast process with scenario planning
- Partner with department heads to develop ROI modeling for new product development, branding and marketing initiatives, country expansion plan to provide insights that spur effective decision-making
- Act as business partner to department heads by performing various ad hoc financial analyses including, but not limited to competitive landscape, headcount projections and SKU profitability
- Collaborate with Operation and Business System teams to develop KPIs, dashboards and operational flags to monitor the health and performance of the business
- Support corporate finance processes, including capital strategy, fundraising, evaluation of acquisitions and board meeting materials
Who you are:
- Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or relevant discipline
- 7+ years of experience in finance or strategic finance roles, including Investment Banking, Private Equity, Hardware product, SaaS or Fast-growing Startup
- High enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Able to work independently and under tight deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Industry experience in hardware product companies with subscription revenue preferred
- Prior experience with multinational companies with intercompany consolidation a plus
- Prior experience with NetSuite, Shopify, Salesforce and Looker a plus
How we make room for you:
- Health & wellness: Flexible medical, vision, and dental insurance to take care of you and your family.
- Unlimited PTO: Flexible vacation policy to allow you to unplug and recharge whenever you need it.
- 401K: ROOM’s 401K savings program allows you to save for the future with pretax dollars
- Paid Parental Leave: Up to 12 weeks of 100% paid leave for all eligible employees
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax savings that make a difference in your budget and your morning commute.
- Team events: Socially distanced team outings, dinners, and happy hours that inspire new conversations and lead to meaningful relationships.
- Equity: Company stocks to honor your hard work and dedication.
How we make room for everyone:
Our belief is simple: What makes you different is what allows us to be different. We value diversity not only in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious background but also in the way you think and approach challenges. We’re committed to creating a work environment where you can be yourself and trust that your voice will be heard. Diversity isn’t something we preach but something we practice every day and taking care of our team is always our top priority.
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.