Let’s face it, the workplace has been failing businesses and its workforce for years with unnecessary distraction, lost productivity, and overall employee dissatisfaction. It’s time for a change. The modern office needs to be rethought and redesigned with people in mind.
Here at ROOM, we know people are the most important asset in any organization, so we put them first. We design from the perspective of our community, putting ourselves in our customers' shoes to create the space needed to bring their ideas to life. We’ve set out to launch a fast, cost-effective alternative to complex construction with modular, purpose-built architecture that allows teams to shape and then reshape their work environment with ease.With offices around the world from New York to San Francisco, London to Berlin, Sydney and beyond, we’re seeking dynamic thinkers and doers to join us in making more room for everyone. ROOM is backed by top investors (Slow Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, and SJF Ventures) and is already building the workplace of tomorrow for over 4,000 customers ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies, and has been recognized as a 2021 NYC x Design Awards Finalist by Interior Design Magazine, by Fast Company in its 2020 ‘Most Innovative’ Awards, and named one of the Best Inventions of 2018 by TIME Magazine.
ROOM is in a phase of rapid growth across all of its markets and functions, and the company is looking for a hands-on Accounting Manager who will be responsible for our day to day accounting activities for our EMEA regions. As the first hire dedicated to Accounting in the region, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting processes and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial close. We currently have hubs in Germany and the UK and we are planning to open up hubs in the Netherlands, France, and most probably an office in the UAE in 2022.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and year-end closings including preparing and posting journal entries and performing key accounts reconciliation
- Oversee Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable cycles including monitoring collections and performing cash applications
- Assist with annual budget and quarterly re-forecast process
- Manage and comply with EMEA countries reporting requirements and tax filings including monthly and quarterly VAT reporting and annual income tax filings for various EMEA countries
- New employee payroll set up and monthly payroll processing
- Monthly budget vs actual variance analysis to provide insight to the management
- Work with external accounting firm for year-end audit and tax filings
- Coordination of ROOM Financial Services together with our external partners in the selected countries
Who you are:
- 7+ years of relevant experience in accounting with at least 1 year experience in managerial position
- Excellent knowledge of VAT regulations, US GAAP, accounting processes, procedures, and compliance
- Working knowledge of multiple entity structuring, intercompany transactions, foreign currencies and various tax regions
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to interact and interface with all levels of management (both written and verbal)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Prior working experience for an US company or multinational company a plus
- Prior working experience with a 3rd party leasing/financing company a plus
- Prior working experience with manufacturing cost/inventory accounting a plus
- Experience with Netsuite, Salesforce and Shopify a plus
How we make room for everyone:
Our belief is simple: What makes you different is what allows us to be different. We value diversity not only in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious background but also in the way you think and approach challenges. We’re committed to creating a work environment where you can be yourself and trust that your voice will be heard. Diversity isn’t something we preach but something we practice every day and taking care of our team is always our top priority.
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.