Let’s face it, the workplace has been failing businesses and its workforce for years with unnecessary distraction, lost productivity, and overall employee dissatisfaction. It’s time for a change. The modern office needs to be rethought and redesigned with people in mind.
Here at ROOM, we know people are the most important asset in any organization, so we put them first. We design from the perspective of our community, putting ourselves in our customers' shoes to create the space needed to bring their ideas to life. We’ve set out to launch a fast, cost-effective alternative to complex construction with modular, purpose-built architecture that allows teams to shape and then reshape their work environment with ease.With offices around the world from New York to San Francisco, London to Berlin, Sydney and beyond, we’re seeking dynamic thinkers and doers to join us in making more room for everyone. ROOM is backed by top investors (Slow Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, and SJF Ventures) and is already building the workplace of tomorrow for over 4,000 customers ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies, and has been recognized as a 2021 NYC x Design Awards Finalist by Interior Design Magazine, by Fast Company in its 2020 ‘Most Innovative’ Awards, and named one of the Best Inventions of 2018 by TIME Magazine.
About the role:
With our sales volume accelerating, we are looking for someone to join the team who will be dedicated to managing and improving our order management workflow, which is one of our company’s core processes. We are searching for a detail-orientated and driven Order Manager to join our Operations team. We are looking for a hands-on individual to support the customer journey with an emphasis on business process improvement and customer success. This person will have global responsibility for handling the day-to-day processing of orders, ensuring data integrity, and will act as a primary point of escalation in support of customer inquiries. In this position, you will work with multiple functions such as Sales, Finance, Logistics, Supply Chain, and Customer Support to meet customer needs in both the US and Europe. As scaling and automation are a top focus in 2021, the ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the ability to drive process & systems enhancements (NetSuite & Salesforce) and execute and follow through on the details.
The ideal candidate has prior experience building and optimizing order management processes, and is eager to do it again at a fast growing company. The ideal candidate has a strong track record of sweating the details, managing teams, and working cross-functionally.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain order accuracy through research and resolution of any discrepancies during the order entry process or at any other time in the order processing cycle.
- Resolve issues that prevent orders from flowing through the system, shipping and billing properly
- Resolve conflicting priorities among orders, customer importance, available inventory, and delivery schedules aiming for best customer experience.
- Manage changes to orders including extensions and cancelations in the ERP system.
- Maintain back order and open order files, updating the business on the order status and providing further analysis as needed.
- Own the creation and management of an improved customer order process leveraging systems for efficient inventory allocation and carrier status updates.
- Drive CPI (continuous process improvements) for order management process.
- Oversee weekly inventory releases to multiple warehouses and fulfillment centers.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Customer Success, and Operations Teams to provide visibility into order status and ensure customer expectations are met.
- Demonstrate expertise in problem solving by leveraging application tools, including NetSuite ERP, and Salesforce.
- Participate in cross-functional projects that are intended to scale the business and streamline the order management workflow. Responsible for improving operational SLA-related KPIs, including order cycle time, and on-time deliveries.
Who you are:
- 7+ years of experience in Order Management, preferably with some experience in a B2B, hardware, technology, and/or high-growth start-up company.
- Experience building and managing a team preferred.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and exciting work environment.
- Has high attention to detail, is well-organized and is able to multitask while working autonomously.
- Proven project management and conflict resolutions capabilities
- Systems-driven business process improvement skills
- Demonstrated experience with ERP (NetSuite preferred), Salesforce, GSuite applications and business intelligence tools (Looker/Tableau).
- Has strong analytical skills and a natural predisposition toward data-driven decision making although should be able to make reasoned decisions when presented with imperfect data.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Management, Supply Chain, or Finance.
How we make room for you:
- Health & wellness: Flexible medical, vision, and dental insurance to take care of you and your family.
- Unlimited PTO: Flexible vacation policy to allow you to unplug and recharge whenever you need it.
- 401K: ROOM’s 401K savings program allows you to save for the future with pretax dollars
- Paid Parental Leave: Up to 12 weeks of 100% paid leave for all eligible employees
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax savings that make a difference in your budget and your morning commute.
- Team events: Socially distanced team outings, dinners, and happy hours that inspire new conversations and lead to meaningful relationships.
- Equity: Company stocks to honor your hard work and dedication.
How we make room for everyone:
Our belief is simple: What makes you different is what allows us to be different. We value diversity not only in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious background but also in the way you think and approach challenges. We’re committed to creating a work environment where you can be yourself and trust that your voice will be heard. Diversity isn’t something we preach but something we practice every day and taking care of our team is always our top priority.
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.