Let’s face it, the workplace has been failing businesses and its workforce for years with unnecessary distraction, lost productivity, and overall employee dissatisfaction. It’s time for a change. The modern office needs to be rethought and redesigned with people in mind.
Here at ROOM, we know people are the most important asset in any organization, so we put them first. We design from the perspective of our community, putting ourselves in our customers' shoes to create the space needed to bring their ideas to life. We’ve set out to launch a fast, cost-effective alternative to complex construction with modular, purpose-built architecture that allows teams to shape and then reshape their work environment with ease.With offices around the world from New York to San Francisco, London to Berlin, Sydney and beyond, we’re seeking dynamic thinkers and doers to join us in making more room for everyone. ROOM is backed by top investors (Slow Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, and SJF Ventures) and is already building the workplace of tomorrow for over 4,000 customers ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies, and has been recognized as a 2021 NYC x Design Awards Finalist by Interior Design Magazine, by Fast Company in its 2020 ‘Most Innovative’ Awards, and named one of the Best Inventions of 2018 by TIME Magazine.
About the role:
As we continue to expand our footprint both across the United States and globally, we are looking for an experienced Code Compliance Manager to own end-to-end product compliance at ROOM to ensure the smoothest deployment possible. We need a team member who can provide initial design input, run safety testing, and troubleshoot issues with local AHJs. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of fire regulations, building codes, and product certifications along with a problem-solving attitude.
What you’ll do:
- You will be accountable for building and implementing an international pre-approval strategy for our product portfolio.
- You will provide early code and safety compliance feedback and ideas to the Product and Operations teams .
- You will develop support material and empower our sellers, through training, to become experts in Day 1 and Day 2 planning scenarios.
- You will partner with third-party consultants to make compliance recommendations for specific customer use cases.
- You will represent ROOM’s interests in the code development process with organizations such as BIFMA, IBC, and NFPA to develop new code change proposals, standards, tests, and rating procedures, while building relationships with the key players in that realm.
- You will also drive and maintain UL, CE, BIFMA, Seismic, and GreenGuard certifications for our entire product portfolio, utilizing third-party testing labs.
- You can be on-site at testing labs, contract manufacturers, or client sites as needed to close technical issues. (10-20% travel time)
Who you are:
- You have a B.S. in Engineering, Architecture, or another related field
- You have 5+ years of direct working experience in Building Code and Fire Code compliance
- You have experience bringing a new product or site installation all the way from concept to mass production
- You are able to work cross-functionally and independently in a Design and Manufacturing environment
- You have excellent project management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- You are a self-starter who is willing to take ownership quickly and is not afraid to make mistakes.
- Bonus: You have prior experience with consumer or commercial product safety and certifications
How we make room for you:
- Health & wellness: Flexible medical, vision, and dental insurance to take care of you and your family.
- Unlimited PTO: Flexible vacation policy to allow you to unplug and recharge whenever you need it.
- 401K: ROOM’s 401K savings program allows you to save for the future with pretax dollars
- Paid Parental Leave: Up to 12 weeks of 100% paid leave for all eligible employees
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax savings that make a difference in your budget and your morning commute.
- Team events: Socially distanced team outings, dinners, and happy hours that inspire new conversations and lead to meaningful relationships.
- Equity: Company stocks to honor your hard work and dedication.
How we make room for everyone:
Our belief is simple: What makes you different is what allows us to be different. We value diversity not only in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious background but also in the way you think and approach challenges. We’re committed to creating a work environment where you can be yourself and trust that your voice will be heard. Diversity isn’t something we preach but something we practice every day and taking care of our team is always our top priority.
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.