Join the team that’s inspiring a better way to work.
Let’s face it, the workplace has been failing businesses and its workforce for years with unnecessary distraction, lost productivity, and overall employee dissatisfaction. It’s time for a change. The modern office needs to be rethought and redesigned with people in mind.
Here at ROOM, we know people are the most important asset in any organization, so we put them first. We design from the perspective of our community, putting ourselves in our customers' shoes to create the space needed to bring their ideas to life. We’ve set out to launch a fast, cost-effective alternative to complex construction with modular, purpose-built architecture that allows teams to shape and then reshape their work environment with ease.
With offices around the world from New York to San Francisco, London to Berlin, Sydney and beyond, we’re seeking dynamic thinkers and doers to join us in making more room for everyone. ROOM is backed by top investors (Slow Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, and SJF Ventures) and is already building the workplace of tomorrow for over 4,000 customers ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies, and has been recognized as a 2021 NYC x Design Awards Finalist by Interior Design Magazine, by Fast Company in its 2020 ‘Most Innovative’ Awards, and named one of the Best Inventions of 2018 by TIME Magazine.
About the role:
ROOM is in a phase of rapid growth across all of its markets and functions, and the company is seeking its first dedicated hire for HR and People Operations. In this role, you will help build the foundational infrastructure for developing, motivating, and retaining talent at ROOM on a global scale. You will be a valued business partner to the company’s senior executives and functional leaders and implement initiatives and core processes to enhance our workplace and business performance via our most valuable asset, our people!
At ROOM, we believe that culture, space, and workplace design all go hand-in-hand, and we’re helping to chart the course for how companies build and adapt successful workspaces to the changing needs of the workforce. We are looking for someone with deep experience managing People Operations who is excited to pioneer new solutions and adopt a mindset of data-driven experimentation.
ROOM has offices in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin, with plans to expand into additional markets soon. This role requires a truly global mindset and the flexibility to work across multiple jurisdictions and markets.
What you’ll do:
- Internal champion ensuring we understand, document, and live our values.
- Design and execute a comprehensive engagement and retention strategy, including regular cadence of performance reviews and check-ins with employees.
- Lead and influence change management by helping to equip managers with the tools necessary to ensure effective communication.
- Work with managers to provide constructive feedback and coaching to employees; assist managers with effective management of their teams and instill a culture of feedback and high performance.
- Collaborate closely with recruitment to ensure new hires are aligned with culture and values.
- Design and implement an onboarding process to ensure that new employees are equipped with necessary resources and tech and generally set up for success.
- Strategize and deliver learning and development initiatives to support continual leadership and employee growth.
- Act as a liaison between employees and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices, and regulations.
- Draft HR-related documentation and ensure effective communication to employees on any updates to policy, practices, and regulations.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with relevant regulations and requirements pertaining to minimize risk and exposure to the company; manage compliance filings, etc.
- Design and implement a comprehensive compensation strategy.
- Drive procurement process for the entire People Operations technology stack, from application tracking to payroll and benefits administration.
- Keep track of and analyze HR metrics related to talent acquisition, diversity and inclusion, retention, etc.
- Partner with senior executives to foster organizational consistency through different phases of growth and scale, e.g., help standardize titles, build out career ladders for roles, etc.
Who you are:
- Degree in HR, organizational psychology or relevant discipline
- 7+ years of experience in similar People Operations role, ideally in a high growth organization
- Prior experience managing IT, facilities, or workplace strategy a plus
- Good understanding of Human Resource procedures, principles, and concepts
- Strong growth mindset
- A proactive, can-do and consultative approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinker
How we make room for you:
- Health & wellness: Flexible medical, vision, and dental insurance to take care of you and your family.
- Unlimited PTO: Flexible vacation policy to allow you to unplug and recharge whenever you need it.
- 401K: ROOM’s 401K savings program allows you to save for the future with pretax dollars
- Paid Parental Leave: Up to 12 weeks of 100% paid leave for all eligible employees
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax savings that make a difference in your budget and your morning commute.
- Team events: Socially distanced team outings, dinners, and happy hours that inspire new conversations and lead to meaningful relationships.
- Equity: Company stocks to honor your hard work and dedication.
How we make room for everyone:
Our belief is simple: What makes you different is what allows us to be different. We value diversity not only in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious background but also in the way you think and approach challenges. We’re committed to creating a work environment where you can be yourself and trust that your voice will be heard. Diversity isn’t something we preach but something we practice every day and taking care of our team is always our top priority.
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.