We’re here to make room for people in the modern workplace. We create thoughtful designs that inspire new ideas, fresh perspectives, and a better way to work. Our first product is a soundproof phone booth for the open office. It takes away the noise and makes room for what’s essential. We deliver directly to you and keep prices low so that you can invest in bigger ideas down the road. We rethink and refine every step of the customer experience to offer thoughtful, modular solutions that grow with you, leading the way to better Mondays and a brighter future.
Since launching in May 2018, we’ve acquired over 3000 clients, ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies, such as JP Morgan, Nike, Google, and Salesforce. We’ve achieved a $10M+ sales run rate within our first year of business, and we continue to grow our revenue more than 20% each month. We’re backed by Slow Ventures and notable angel investors from Silicon Valley, and TIME named our product one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to help propel our product offering forward, both through improvements to the current phone booth and the creation of new solutions for the future of the modern workplace.
What you’ll do:
- Support the product design process through brainstorming and concept generation.
- Get your hands dirty making initial prototypes to verify new ideas.
- Work with factories to adjust designs for manufacturability and production efficiency.
- Create and update both 3D and 2D drawings using GD&T for sampling and production.
- Help expand and accelerate in-house and partner prototyping capabilities.
- Work with Supply Chain to ensure product reliability and quality.
- Help coordinate project timelines and tasks across the company to ensure that all business, sales, logistics, and marketing needs are met.
- Work with CX team to troubleshoot any new arising issues in the field.
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical field.
- You have 4-8 years of engineering work experience in the product design industry with at least 3 years in commercial furniture.
- You are a woodworking craftsman and could write the book on proper veneer selection.
- You have been around the manufacturing block, having worked with extrusions, sheet metal, injection molding, wood, and upholstery.
- You have a proven ability to develop complex robust mechanisms to solve problems in novel ways.
- You have experience working with large assemblies in SolidWorks.
- You are a self-starter who is willing to take ownership quickly and is not afraid to make mistakes.
- You are willing to embody the startup mentality and wear multiple hats to do what needs to be done, even if it is outside of your job description.
- You are able to travel domestically and internationally to manufacturing sites and testing labs as needed (~10% travel time).
How we make room for you:
- Health & wellness: Fully covered medical, vision, and dental insurance to take care of you and your family.
- Unlimited PTO: Flexible vacation policy to allow you to unplug and recharge whenever you need it.
- Fully stocked kitchen and lunches: Weekly catered lunches and plenty of healthy snacks, coffee, and drinks to give you the perfect energy boost.
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax savings that make a difference in your budget and your morning commute.
- Team events: Monthly team outings, dinners, and happy hours that inspire new conversations and lead to meaningful relationships.
How we make room for everyone:
Our belief is simple: What makes you different is what allows us to be different. We value diversity not only in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious background but also in the way you think and approach challenges. We’re committed to creating a work environment where you can be yourself and trust that your voice will be heard. Diversity isn’t something we preach but something we practice every day, and taking care of our team is always our top priority.
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.